Sky Factory 3 - Void Ore Miner question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

ScreamingSpleen

Started with this modpack about a week ago and still figuring out all the machines and such.
But now having a moderate amount of resources and a good source of power I wanted to try out the Void Ore Miner, but seems that you need to have an Iron Ore block and Gold Ore block to make it, but the only way I see to make those is with the Void Ore Miner, or am I missing a mechanic to get those (beside going the long way to delve into Botania and getting Orechid) ?

S

ScreamingSpleen

Nice one, thanks as had not done much with that mod yet

Bastian_76

Jul 29, 2019
Visit another dimension with a silk touch tool. The beneath for example has normal ore gen as well as some rftools dimensions have canyons with ore.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Skyfactory 3 has the Garden of Glass recipe for the orechid, so it's really not hard to get. I had one in my last playthrough and I didn't get deep into Botania at all (I was trying to do a no sifting/mining playthrough, but there's no way to get prosperity shards without doing one or the other.)

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Also, Skyfactory 3 has the Garden of Glass recipe for the orechid, so it's really not hard to get. I had one in my last playthrough and I didn't get deep into Botania at all (I was trying to do a no sifting/mining playthrough, but there's no way to get prosperity shards without doing one or the other.)

I found tons of prosperity shards in the deep dark. They look kind of like non-nether red quartz if I remember correctly.