Request Sky Factory 3 Tinkers Construct bolts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Badsap

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with getting bolts, i know it used to work with the smeltery pour some metal over a tool rod and it turned into a bolt head but i can't seem to figure it out here.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There's only a few things you can make it out of these days. Use the in-game manual to make sure you're making the shaft out of the correct material. I think it's limited to: Wood, Bone, Blaze Rod, Endstone. Or something like that. Maybe there's one or two others, but that's mostly it. Any other rod won't work.

Badsap

Jul 29, 2019
There's only a few things you can make it out of these days. Use the in-game manual to make sure you're making the shaft out of the correct material. I think it's limited to: Wood, Bone, Blaze Rod, Endstone. Or something like that. Maybe there's one or two others, but that's mostly it. Any other rod won't work.
I've tried it i also saw indeed you can only use specified items tried it with wood and bone neither will work nothing pours from the smeltery.

Badsap

Jul 29, 2019
Problem solved you have to use the Arrow Shaft pattern and pour the metal over the item you get from it. I used bone for the splitting option.

B

BitLink

I don't get it, what did you do?? I'm trying to make bolts out of end stone (rods) and I can't seem to get anything to work. And i have no clue what you did either

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea, it uses the arrow shaft these days. Make an arrow shaft out of endstone (I believe you can recycle the rod as a material), then put it on the smeltry table and pour metal over it.

B

BitLink

I tried using both. I can make tool rods, but not the arrow shafts. Also it won't let me use tool rods as material for the shafts

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Arrow shafts are much more limited in materials. Wood, Sugar Cane, Bone, Blaze and ender rods are the only options iirc. You can't make one out of say stone or a metal. In 1.10 tinkers it's arrow shafts you use over tool rods.

B

BitLink

Arrow shafts are much more limited in materials. Wood, Sugar Cane, Bone, Blaze and ender rods are the only options iirc. You can't make one out of say stone or a metal. In 1.10 tinkers it's arrow shafts you use over tool rods.
actually I was able to make a metal arrow shaft.....but it wasn't very good