Sky Factory 3 - Stuck at Loading World screen

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
P

Pyratic

Title Sky Factory 3 - Stuck at Loading World screen

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Sky Factory 3

Modpack version v3.0.8

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/bf70bdfb

Details of the issue Computer shutdown when power went out during a wind storm. When i got power back i tried to load SF3 and it stopped at the Loading World screen. I tried to load a backup save and it still stopped at the Loading World screen. I looked on the forums and followed the advice of forcing an update and it still stops at the same screen. I have to end the program as Esc key does not get me out of the screen.

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
Yeah, that looks like your island.json file got corrupted. That usually happens if things shut down unexpectedly. Check in "C:/Users/Pyratic/Documents/Minecraft/FTB/FTBPresentsSkyfactory3/minecraft/" for island.json and see if it blank or has all kinda weird characters.

C

CF Worthy

Yeah, that looks like your island.json file got corrupted. That usually happens if things shut down unexpectedly. Check in "C:/Users/Pyratic/Documents/Minecraft/FTB/FTBPresentsSkyfactory3/minecraft/" for island.json and see if it blank or has all kinda weird characters.
Thank you man!!!

This was exactly what happened to me.

Deleting the island.json file as it was blank solved my loading issues.

C

CHickenWings52

Hi, I've had the same problem as Pyratic, I have already deleted the island.json file because it was blank. Yet when I went to load the game again, it was stuck on just the Minecraft dirt screen. this happened just after the loading world screen disappeared. I don't have much knowledge in this type of thing, so any help would be much appreciated. I have uploaded the crash.txt and the logs(I think these are the right logs, if they are not the right ones can you please tell me where iI could find the right ones)
Thanks.

Attachments

• crash-2017-05-15_19.14.58-server.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 76
  • service_log.txt
    91.2 KB · Views: 81
C

CF Worthy

Hi, I've had the same problem as Pyratic, I have already deleted the island.json file because it was blank. Yet when I went to load the game again, it was stuck on just the Minecraft dirt screen. this happened just after the loading world screen disappeared. I don't have much knowledge in this type of thing, so any help would be much appreciated. I have uploaded the crash.txt and the logs(I think these are the right logs, if they are not the right ones can you please tell me where iI could find the right ones)
Thanks.

I had to do this again after another storm blew out the power...

This time it got stuck on the loading world, a.k.a. "dirt" screen, as well. I found loading a separate world save after deleting the island.json file helps. At least, I did load the testing world I had, and when going back to my current map, it loaded fine.

Hope this helps!