Sky Factory 3 Refined Storage Disk Drive Issue

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

kdabrnes

Title Sky Factory 3 Refined Storage Disk Drive Issue

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Sky factory 3

Modpack version 3.0.6

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file not sure where to find it because only world crashes

Details of the issue whenever I look at my disk drive from refined storage (confirmed by loading a backup and looking at it again with the same result), the message "fatal error has occured, returning to title screen" pops up and when i close it i get put on the multiplayer menu. If the log is needed can someone please tell me where to find it because i have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberider7

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using the FTB client, start it go to options and make sure Show console is ticked. When you launch the pack it will spam a whole lot of stuff, you can just ignore any errors/warnings while the client is loading there will be shitload. Once the client has finished loading it helps to note the time of the last entry in the console then load your world. On the bottom of the console there are some buttons and select lists, the 3rd one changes the log level, if you're having issues change it to Debug. The first button at the bottom left is Upload Log, that'll upload it to FTB's equivalent of pastebin and you can use that URL to paste into your Link to log file.

I'm having the same issue, as a work around, if you're stuck in a crash loop, you can move your mouse up when your loading screen gets to the Loading Terrain message and if you time it right you should be able to log in. I've found that if I use a Disk Manipulator to remove stuff from my RS network the game won't crash. I haven't done any further experimenting but try leaving 1 disk slot free, that might help.

M

Mr Respect

how do i fix this on the curse launcher i started crafting 8 64k drives and then it crashed

R

Rmorrin

I have the same issue. Ive trouble shooted for a while and found out it isn't the block itself it's one of the disks. I used a hopper underneath to move them out and now i crash when i look at the hopper. Might be too much information in one block... That's all i got.

C

cosmicgoop

I have the same issue... I'm on 3.0.6. When I look at my disk drive the game crashes. I took my save and opened it in 3.0.5 and everything seemed to be working fine. I did end up losing all of my Ender IO conduits though.

R

Rmorrin

So I did some searching on the interwebs and found a quick easy fix! It seems to be caused by Waila trying to tell you all the stuffs that's there so if you just go into Waila and go into configs and turn it on hidden on everything you can it fixes the issue! It is slightly inconvenient but better than crashing every time you look at your drive!

C

cosmicgoop

Thanks for the reply! My solution was to bury the one disk drive in cobble and start a new RS system... Definitely like your solution more. So, in Waila config file, change everything I can to "hidden". Does this take any functionality out of Waila as I'm using it now?

K

kdabrnes

So I did some searching on the interwebs and found a quick easy fix! It seems to be caused by Waila trying to tell you all the stuffs that's there so if you just go into Waila and go into configs and turn it on hidden on everything you can it fixes the issue! It is slightly inconvenient but better than crashing every time you look at your drive!

So am I the only one who couldn't help but laugh when reading this?

C

cosmicgoop

So am I the only one who couldn't help but laugh when reading this?
Did you find a solution? I'm worried that if it's Waila related I'll have it happen with my new RS system... I have no clue what caused it. But now I exit the game and make a world dupe every time I want to interact with my new RS Disk Drives.

K

kdabrnes

Did you find a solution? I'm worried that if it's Waila related I'll have it happen with my new RS system... I have no clue what caused it. But now I exit the game and make a world dupe every time I want to interact with my new RS Disk Drives.
i haven't really looked into it at all, but it seemed to start when all of the drives in my disk drive filled up , so i would say just be careful

V

VanDerGroot

I also have this issue. Tried moving all my items to new disks. Did not help. I suspect Waila reacts to a broken item.