Sky Factory 2.5 with land question...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
First, I've been a fan of Sky Factory 2 (for what feels like) forever. But I felt like 2.5 was way too easy with Ex Nihilio, and friends....

But, I like all the other mods, so decided to remove the 'ex' mods (nihilio, etc...) and disabled YUNoMakeGooMap.jar (or whatever it's called) and lootbags... - and created a normal world (after adding Biomes O' Plenty) and I'm really happy with the world...

... right up until I realized I can't mine anything (the stone picks crafted in Tinkers's all have a mining level of stone - and they can't dig up iron. Even vanilla stone picks can't mine iron. I looked around the configs (and the scripts), but can't find anything that seems to fix it. So, figured I'd just throw a diamond on the tool - like I did on my Infinity world - until I could figure something out... And that can't dig up iron either. It works perfectly in Infinity...

Any ideas, suggestions to fix this?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Iron is a few steps up with tinkers.
Mine stone with a flint tool until it levels up.
Now it can mine copper.
Copper is used until it levels up.
Now it can mine tin.
Make a bronze pick head.
Mine with it until it levels up.
Now it can mine iron.

In short, it does not need to be fixed, it just happens to be on a harder set of settings then it was on infinity.

This is exactly how it SHOULD work. That sounds like the perfect progression. Instead, it typically goes something like "Make flint tools, skip all the other tool materials and jump right to top tier". That's how NOT to do progression, but that's how most modpacks work.

OP, you should publish your pack, because I guarantee I would enjoy it more than regular SkyFactory. I've said it a million times, but without an overworld, you're missing most everything that is good about the game.

Reactions: profrags

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
OP, you should publish your pack, because I guarantee I would enjoy it more than regular SkyFactory.
That would be cool - BUT - I'm not sure I can do that: all I actually did was add biomes o' plenty into the mods folder - and then disabled: lootbags, ex nihilio, astris and the other one (compressum) and finally the YUNoMakeGoodMaps. No config changes, nothing else... It's seriously simple to set up (in fact I'm using my sky factory 2.5 to play both Sky Factory 2.5 and on my server with land (I even called my server 'SF 2.5 with land') ;)

Iron is a few steps up with tinkers.
Mine stone with a flint tool until it levels up.
Now it can mine copper.
Copper is used until it levels up.
Now it can mine tin.
Make a bronze pick head.
Mine with it until it levels up.
Now it can mine iron.

In short, it does not need to be fixed, it just happens to be on a harder set of settings then it was on infinity.
Yup! I finally watched a tutorial about it as a mod, and realized what was going on - an I have to say, I rather like it just as it is... I'm currently working on a smeltery for the copper I'm now digging up. It's a very cool mod I must say.

Reactions: ICountFrom0