Sky Adventures Font

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chip Flux

Apr 10, 2016
I have been playing Minecraft for quite a while now. I have played most modpacks badly.
Never felt the need to post before, and now I find its over a font.

It is a joy to read the text in the Sky Adventures Pack.

Thank you, it has been worth playing, just to experience that.

Chip

Reactions: glepet1962

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just to show we each view things differently... I happen to dislike the very plain, vanilla-looking font used in Sky Adventures and now in the newest FTB modpack, Stoneblock2, which also uses the same font.

My question to FTB is... how can I change this font back to the normal font, the way minecraft has always looked, and the way I like it? Apparently... we can't change it. There's no setting under "Options" that I can see. The font used by the game seems to be "hard-wired" and not able to be modified by the player. I'm hoping that it's hidden inside one of the configuration text files, and we just need to be shown where it resides so we can change it back.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, Chip - I'm happy that SOMEBODY likes the font change anyways. :) My reaction was the total opposite of yours. I guess I like familiarity. And actually, wouldn't it be kinda cool if we could experiment with some other fonts on our own, and see if other fonts might even be better?

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
It would be cool to be able to change the font to something we each would find more pleasing. I like the Sky Adventures font also. For me, it is easier on my 56 yr. old eyes.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/smooth-font is being used to generate fonts, at least in StoneBlock 2. And there's a corresponding config file.

Thanks for that tip, trying out my font change right now in Stoneblock 2 modpack!

Also, it turns out the font CAN be changed from in-game, you don't have to edit config files by hand - the default "Home" key opens up the font selection screen.

But be careful, I hit the "Reset to Default" button and now my fonts look terrible. LOL I'll just reinstall the modpack to reset it, but that was def a mistake. I should have saved a backup copy of the config text file before I started to experiment!

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I found SB2 to be a disappointment. They removed a ton of mods that was in 1 and didn't really add anything meaningful (in my opinion).