Singleplayer to Multiplayer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Scott Bradley

Jul 29, 2019
Recently a friend of mine has wanted to join me in my FTB world so I setup a server and ran it. It worked fine when it generated a new world but when I got my world, renamed it to "world" and replaced the one in my FTB server folder neither me nor my friend could connect.

Any ideas on how I could make it work would be very much appreciated.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I've personally never had any problems with this, when I did the same thing. Check the IP and perhaps check the player.dat files too. Maybe tech support could help too.

I run my server LAN, how is yours going?

so many server threads.

Scott Bradley

Jul 29, 2019
I tried copying only the level.dat file and that seems to be what the problem is so I don't think it is possible to make a single player world into a multiplayer one.

Hopefully someone proves me wrong but thanks for the help anyways.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Considering my server is running a world I used in single player, I know it is possible. In your Single Player folder, you'll find a folder for your world in the Saves folder. Copy that folder completely (including the folder itself) into the folder where you are running your server out of. Edit the server.properties file, edit the line "level-name" to the same as the folder for your save. Change the
Start your server.

IMarv

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I tried copying only the level.dat file and that seems to be what the problem is so I don't think it is possible to make a single player world into a multiplayer one.

Hopefully someone proves me wrong but thanks for the help anyways.
Oh, it's possible.

You could always try the Hamachi route, and just opening to LAN.

EDIT: Ninja'd