Single Player/Multi Player crashes when loading world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

soullessdrifter

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Single Player/Multi Player crashes when loading world
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Horizons: Daybreaker
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Any time after I attempt to join a world, I get the message of internal server shutting down and get sent back to the launcher. This is happening in single player and multiplayer. In single player, i've tried creating a new world, but when the world gen messages are done, the same error appears. When I go back to the single player world selection, I see that the new world was created.

Steps thus far:
- reinstalling FTB (deleted appdata + local appdata)
- toggling removeErroringEntities/removeErroringTileEntities (found in a random post)
- downgrading to a different version 1.0.2
- loading up a different mode pask: Tech World 2 (worked fine)
- updating java + restarting computer

Strange thing is, I had a friend test single player from their end and looks like he's having the same issues. The server and single player modes were both working perfectly fine 10 hours ago (11pm MST). Unsure what could have caused this change.

Anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this or how to get it resolved?

aidynphoenix

Jul 29, 2019
you described our problem exactly. i have no idea what changed overnight. tried deleting .minecraft, and ftblauncher folders. deleting all mods and reinstalling. nothing worked. i disabled all the horizons mods and was able to play single player. so i'm curious if a specific mod was updated last night and broke the game. but how to find out which one?

Blacksky2600

Jul 29, 2019
My friend an I have the exact same issue your describing. Everything worked perfectly last night. Woke up and both single player and multi crash. Same errors encountered. We've reinstalled everything including Java and vid card drivers. Other FTB mod packs work fine, but Horizons 1.1.0 and 1.0.2 both crash.

Thanks AndrewH. We just removed bloodarsenal from server and client and it works fine.

How does this problem happen without any update confirmation? I didn't update anything. How do I stop mods from auto updating themselves in the future?

AndrewH

Jul 29, 2019
Only the dev or a Java programmer could tell us what this means. I suspect this particular problem is in how the mod checks to see if there is a update.

at com.arc.bloodarsenal.common.misc.VersionChecker.onTick(VersionChecker.java:34

hobotroid

Jul 29, 2019
I too have this problem, and it just started happening today. I didn't upgrade or touch anything.

soullessdrifter

Jul 29, 2019