Single Player Mod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be against the rules to ask someone to make a copy of their already patched 1.2.5 available for me please? Minus the world, of course.

I ask because I can't re-find the rules again.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
msknight said:
Would it be against the rules to ask someone to make a copy of their already patched 1.2.5 available for me please? Minus the world, of course.

I ask because I can't re-find the rules again.

I assume you mean minecraft.jar Yes it is against the rules to give you a minecraft.jar Actually, it's against the law;
If the only problem you have is with patching; try downloading MultiMC3.1 (I don't know if 4.0 is available to the public yet)
http://forkk.net/MultiMC/

with that, create an instance, name it whatever you want; then run it once; Then go in MultiMC/instances folder, get in your instance's folder, and copy-paste the Feed the beast stuff in there (you will see the folders are named the same) and then go in the .minecraft folder, in the bin folder, and place your vanilla minecraft 1.2.5 there, then run MultiMC, right-click your instance, choose "Rebuild Jar" then run it.

If you did everything corectly it should run perfectly.
If you later want to add optifine, add optifine to the instMods folder and then right click your instance, hit "edit mods"
and in that you can choose to add your optifine.

Also, Don't worry, MultiMC will NOT steal your password, and if it did, it'd be pretty stupid, it's "open source" lol
I hope that helped.

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
Many thanks for that. I've got a hold of it, but I can't stop it updating minecraft to 1.3. Doesn't seem to be an easily seen option to prevent the update.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
msknight said:
Many thanks for that. I've got a hold of it, but I can't stop it updating minecraft to 1.3. Doesn't seem to be an easily seen option to prevent the update.

you need to update to 1.3.2 then place a 1.2.5 Jar in place of the 1.3.2, the new MultiMC has a downgrade button, but like I said I don't know if it's public yet, the website has 3.1

http://ci.forkk.net/job/MultiMC4/

you can get 4.0.0 from here, I just asked Forkk and he said it was okay

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I could be wrong here, but doesn't the SHA1 digest error occur when you haven't deleted the META-inf folder?

As for the earlier post with the many errors. My understanding is that forge and McPatcher have a few comparability issues. I would recommend using multimc and optifine.

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
I don't actually have a meta-inf folder, which is one of the confusing things.

I did manage to get multimc down, but it doesn't have a downgrade button.

The 1.2.5 jar I have was a snapshot downloaded from a post on the minecraft forum.

Last night I got as far as getting in to the map using multimc but on pushing the button at the start, a block of sand next to the button fell down, but the piston didn't operate.

I moved the three major patches from the "minecraft/mods" list to the "minecraft.jar" list, and then I got errors about version mismatches

"You dun goofed - MultiMMC has detected an error. This might be because you are using teh wrong version of your mods. Try re-downloading and installing them."

Code:
Instance started with command: /usr/bin/java -Xmx1024m -Xms512m -cp "/home/michelle/Downloads" MultiMCLauncher "/home/michelle/Downloads/instances/1.2.5_clean/.minecraft" "msknight5" 8462898647930596481
Loading jars...
Loading URL: file:/home/michelle/Downloads/instances/1.2.5_clean/.minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Loading URL: file:/home/michelle/Downloads/instances/1.2.5_clean/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar
Loading URL: file:/home/michelle/Downloads/instances/1.2.5_clean/.minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
Loading URL: file:/home/michelle/Downloads/instances/1.2.5_clean/.minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
Loading natives...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/minecraft/client/Minecraft, method: usePortal signature: (ILox;)V) Incompatible argument to function
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2308)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1760)
	at MultiMCLauncher.main(MultiMCLauncher.java:61)

Instance quit

I think I'm doomed never to be able to play this map. And being on the other end of a mobile connection, I've already chewed through so much allowance that I'm going to have to give up.

Thanks to all for the efforts. Much appreciated.

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having one last try.

In my .minecraft folder I have a working clean instance of 1.3.2

MultiMC 4 is obtained and running.

I've made a new instance for 1.3.2 (which I don't intend to change) and I've made another instance for 1.2.5 FTB.

In the instance folder for 1.2.5 I take it that I create a bin folder and put my 1.2.5 jar in there ... then apply the three main patches to the "jar mods" tab and copy everything out of the .minecraft folder in the FTB patch, in to the instance folder ... then it should run.

Have I got that right?

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
The good news ... I think I've got it working.

The bad news ... someone forgot to give the player a pick at the start ... because I'd love to smash that bleedin annoying RADIO!!!!!!!!

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
The rules are such that... you can't do anything to the radio, it's a block on the ship... and we're not alowed to do anything on there, other then the extra life, and the bees (not even the brewing stands, eh?) ...

I admit it, I threw it off the ship, and cheered when it fell into the void.

I honestly think it's part of a plot, keep us from spending time on the ship, so we don't find the bees early.

Picture it... instead of placing blocks to make your cobble farm... bee hives.

Status
Not open for further replies.