Single player lag (FPS) and Overload message that the server can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racker

Jul 29, 2019
I have been getting spammed with [Minecraft] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

I don't understand how i am reciving this on single player, i have tried upping and lowering rams and CPU usage is around 50-75% when this happens.

One top of this Turtles lag me super bad, when one starts mining i get very choppy fps.

I can't find any info on either of these things for single player. when i paly on a friends multiplayer would i dont get EITHER of these bugs : /. I honestly dont know what to do. As a side note this has followed me from Direwolf to mindcrack to FTB ultimate.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
What are your system specs? Might be that your pc is just not powerful enough, modded minecraft is quite demanding in terms of hardware.

And it's normal that you only have those problems on singleplayer, as a server will take care of a huge load of resource-intensive calculations, so your pc will basically only have to do the rendering and such...

Racker

Jul 29, 2019
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz

8gigs ram

64 bit

NVIDIA Geforece GTS 240

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Those specs are definitely enough to run Minecraft at a decent speed. Are you sure the FTB launcher is set to run with your graphics card?

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's way better than mine, lol... AgentTadpole could be right, you should check if you're not using some shitty intel integrated graphics by accident...

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Should be pretty easy. On the FTB launcher, right-click. Go to "Run with graphics processor" and select "High-performance NVIDIA processor". Ignore whether it's default or not, that's been unreliable for me in the past. Click it, and the launcher should run. If it now works properly, then that was your problem.

There are two ways to set this permanently. One, rename your FTB launcher to Minecraft.exe
This is the cheaty way, as it tricks your graphics card into thinking it's running with vanilla Minecraft, which it will run with by default.

The proper way is to go into the right-click "Run with graphics processor" and click "Set default graphics processor". From there you should add the MultiMC program and set the default to the NVIDIA processor.

Racker

Jul 29, 2019
Where am I right-clicking? I have tried on the program before I run it, After i run it on the taskbar and just on the launcher it'sself before i launch the game. I don't see the "Run with graphics processor". I also tried renaming it and that didnt seem to help : /

Racker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i right-click desktop and went to my Nvida control panel and added ftb_launcher its self and that seems to have fixed the turtle fps lag. HOWEVER the arcane bore Server OVERLOAD thing is still happening.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I should have clarified. I meant open the folder that you have the FTB launcher in and right-click on the program there. If you have the same version of Nvidia that I do, there should be an option "Run with graphics processor".

Now that you've done this and it hasn't helped with the arcane bore, I'm not sure what else you can do.

H1DD3NC0D3

Jul 29, 2019
Dude holy crap you are the best!!!! Because of the tip you said to change the graphics card, I can now run Feed the beast with almost the best options and still hit 100 fps! while before on standard launch it would be something garbage like 8 to 15 dude you are the best :D

NdMSnIpEz

Jul 29, 2019
How would you go around this with an ATI? I don't want to install the catalyst because it f**ks up my laptop and forces me to format it D:

Status
Not open for further replies.