Simple question about private packs

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Oxworth

Jul 29, 2019
I've never made a private pack before, only a public code pack, I was thinking about putting together something just for some friends in 1.10, but don't want to go through all the documentation I did for the public pack, so do private packs require a spreadsheet of all the mods/versions/permissions, or I just post a zip, it gets a quick look over, and I can (privately) give my friends the code so they can connect to my server without me having to explain how MultiMC works again and again? >.> lol

It's basically just FTB unstable with a few additions of mods that I can't live without
(roguelike dungeons, better foliage, immersive engineering, and I dunno, going over a few more...)

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
The process for submitting a private pack on the the FTB launcher is the same as submitting a public pack, you just upload a zip of the mods and configs and include all the documentation on any mods that require Notification or Request for making a private pack.

The main difference between public and private packs is that you can't publicly realease the pack code to the masses without notifying/getting permission from the mod authors that require you to do so.