Simple compact automated Rainmaker setup (stop rain)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Most of you probably already seen automated Rainmaker setups out there already. But all the ones I could find were rather large and/or inefficient. So I previously set out to optimize it a bit for my own use. But still they were a bit messy builds.
On this recent build (Unleashed 1.1.3) I think I have struck the most compact, simple and quickest reaction setup possible(if not please share improvements) and thought I would share it.

lECue63.jpg

The setup makes use of Forestry(For Rainmaker(Duh!) and Raintank), Buildcraft pipes and gates, and Applied Energistics.

Required items are:
1x Rainmaker
1x Raintank
1x Golden Transport Pipe
1x Wooden Waterproof Pipe
1x Stone Waterproof Pipe
1x Void Waterproof Pipe
1x (Basic) Gate
1x Autharchic Gate
1x ME Precision Export Bus

Bus/gate setup:
Autharchic Gate applied to the Wooden pipe: Space in Inventory->Energy Pulser (any constant condition will work, but the inventory checks are not affected by it raining nor Redstone signals)
Gate applied to Stone pipe: Liquid Traversing->Redstone signal
ME Precision Export Bus: Dissipation Charge, Redstone Mode: Activate once per pulse, Move single item.

Covered up:
3GSNMdt.jpg

Now the supply of the Dissipation Charges can be a bit more complicated. You could slap an ME Interface on top of a Carpenter and make it craft them on demand. That would induce a several seconds delay however while it crafts the charge. Instead you could of course just make a couple stacks of them and put them in your ME network, but I prefer full automation :p
So made this setup:
yvm9BP8.jpg

Routers supply 3/4 of the materials(Insert into slot 12, 13 and 14 of the Carpenter) while the Level Emitter + Precision Export Bus supplies the last material whenever the supply of Dissipation Charges drop below a certain limit. This way there is always a certain amount of Charges in the system should rain start.

hatebringer

Jul 29, 2019
I really like how this looks compacted so nicely. This would be a great solution to rain impacting solar power, just hook this up and done!

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
As a guy pulling a server for my friends and playing on it myself, removing rain and the lag it brings is awesome, this is nice!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm sadly I started getting crashes caused by the Rainmakers explosion animation. Rather odd since I have used it several times before with no problem.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I always like compact builds, but I can never work out how to do them. How do you manage?
I think up an idea, try it. Get a better idea, tear it down and remakes it. Find a problem, fixes it and so on :p
Not to toot my own horn, but one of my strong suits is to imagine 3D objects quite easily and sort of virtually develop them in my mind first. I can think of a build for days before making it/changing it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
As long as that's an autarchic gate, if you make it an Iron OR gate you can detect liquids in inventory and fluid traversing have it pump and give off a redstone signal. Eliminates the stone pipe and the gold one.

You could also compact the autocrafting with a once per pulse export bus, and a level emitter. As soon as it fires it's one charge, the system automatically builds another one. Clever use of the ender tank though.