Silverwood Saplings in Twilight forest?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gourry29

Jul 29, 2019
As the topic says are there Silverwood saplings in the TWF? If not what is the best way to get them, pech? scythe with luck on silverwood trees or jsut chopping down silverwood trees and hope for the best?

I am using Technic launcher and the 1.7.10 pack

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea about Technic, but by default I see greatwoods and silverwoods in Twilight Forest. Easiest way to be sure is make a test world and fly around TW in creative. They spawn fairly often, so you shouldn't have to go too far.

Edit: I read it as the trees, rather than the saplings. My favourite technique is just chopping down trees, relevant enchants (like luck) I can't confirm if they affect drop rates, but they quite probably do. In any case, you get quite alot of sapling drops. (nothing compared to normal trees, true, but alot considering the value of the trees)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Last I knew, Axe of the Stream had an increased drop rate for Silverwood saplings. Luck/Looting enchantments should also help. Silverwood trees grow in Magical Biomes (some will stray into other biomes, rarely), which there are at least one type in Twilight Forest.