Closed Silent Gems crafting

M

mmBeastly

Summary of the problem Silent Gems crafting

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? Silent Gems crafting is super weird in this version. Using supercharged gems gives a Regular tier weapon and using Regular tier gems produces a Supercharged weapon. The tools seem to be working fine though.

EDIT: Looks like crafting has to do with the positioning of the materials in the crafting grid. I have provided screenshots in a post that's still awaiting moderator approval (cause of a link).
EDIT2: Looks like the reply to this post got approved, link to the issue below.

Mod & Version Silent Gems 1.12-2.5.6-232

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes. I managed to recreate it 3 times in a row.

Known Fix None as of yet.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
What gems are you using?

And can you share a screen shot of it (use imgur and give the link)

M

mmBeastly

Perhaps I didn't have enough information when I posted this, which I apologize for. I now realize it has to do with the position of the materials in the crafting grid. Whenever the sword crafted appears white in the output section of the crafting table it gives a random sword instead of the one it should. I also noticed it does the same thing to tools for some gems (tested on pickaxes), but since I can't position materials in the grid any differently for a pickaxe it becomes a pretty big issue.

Here's the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/2YJgL

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Tried to reproduce this, but can't

Are you on the release version 1.0.0 or the beta 1.1.0?

Have you added or removed anything to the pack? (or updated?)

M

mmBeastly

Release 1.0.0. Nothing was added or removed when tested. I should mention, this was done on a server, might have something to do with it.

EDIT: Yep, just tested in SP, works fine. I guess it just doesn't like Sponge.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Yes, Sponge is most likely the issue - I couldn't reproduce on server or on singel player

Dweller_Benthos

Jul 29, 2019
Were you using the Cyclic crafting table instead of a vanilla one? I saw strange results when using the Cyclic table (the grey one) where you'd get completely random tools that didn't match what was being used. Even to the extreme of using reinforced stone and getting super charged gem attributes in return.