[SIGNUPS] StormWolves (previously known as "Prolupus") [Werewolves/Mafia] [Subs only]

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
This will be a very basic game of mafia.
The special thing in this game is that you may express your lynch votes in percentages.
This practically means that everyone has 100 votes a day.

Voting
Lynch votes can be cast in the following format:
<Vote|Antismite> <Player1> [<Percentage1>, <Player2> <Percentage2>] [, <Player3> <Percentage3>]*
I hope that this resembles the Minecraft command-structure preview well enough for you to recognise it.

Examples:
  • Vote Lenscas 40%, Vote Vikestep 30%, Vote Goreae 30% (This will put 40% of your vote on Lenscas, 30% on Vikestep and 30% on Goreae.)
  • Antismite Nojr 20%, Antismite Myself 80%
  • Vote Shazam, this is equal to putting all 100% of your vote on Shazam
Any votes that do not add up to 100% will not count.
When voting in parts, make sure all votes are positive integer percentages. Otherwise they will not count.
Don't forget to bold your votes.

Counting votes
Lynch votes will be counted by adding up all percentages of all votes per player. The player with the highest percentage will be lynched.

Draws
Vote draws will be resolved by lynching the person who caused the draw to come into existence.
For example:
If RealKC is the the only one who votes and he votes as follows: "Vote RJS 50%, Vote SE 50%", RealKC himself will be lynched.
Example 2:
If RealKC and Nojr are the only ones who vote and they respectively vote as follows: "Vote RJS 50%, Vote SE 50%" and "Vote RJS". And after this, Nojr changes his vote to "Vote Pyure 30%, Vote Scottly 45%, Vote Shazam 25%" Nojr will be lynched, because his vote change made the top of the lynch list be a tie.
I think some of you will like this aggressive way to get rid of RNG to resolve vote draws.

Roles and other things that are still open for debate
RoleSheet (mostly finished)

Players
  1. Erindalc
  2. Profrags
  3. RealKC
  4. Scottly318
  5. Shazam08
  6. Someone Else 37 (is it me, or are you joining in alphabetical order on purpose?)
  7. Pyure
  8. Fowltief
  9. 016Nojr
  10. Vikestep
  11. Dragonfang
Start of the game
Game has started.

Last edited:

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Dividin'

Question! Does a person have to use all of his vote in a day? Like, if my only vote is "Vote Pyure 50%", is there any penalty for not using my other 50%? Would I be 50% smited?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
ERROR: Your vote has an incorrect format. Reverting to previous successful vote attempt.

:)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
ERROR: Your vote has an incorrect format. Reverting to previous successful vote attempt.

:)

So, example if I'm not mistaken:

Vote Pyure 100%

Actually, Vote Nojr 40%

The second vote is invalid. And what if my only vote of the day is not a full 100? Do I get smitten/lose my grace smite?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Well, I'm still thinking about that.
It's either a grace smite/ lynch.
Or you'll auto 100% vote yourself.

See the end of the OP

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Metaphorically, you'll wake up every day holding your own loaded gun to your head.
And you spend the day trying to determine how best to divide those bullets over the people around you.

Reactions: erindalc

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
95% In!

May I offer a suggestion?
Remove the requirement that the vote weights all have to add up to 100%, and instead just scale whatever weights players give so they add up to 100%. It'd require slightly more complex Excel wizardry to pull off, but at the very least you wouldn't have to check that everyone's votes do, indeed, add up to 100% (especially if someone like me does something like 37% Nojr, 17.5% Pyure, 19.6% Vike, 15.34% Real, 10.54% Shazam). It'd also make it easier to split votes evenly among three people, simply by giving each of them the same weight (i.e. 1 vote Nojr, 1 vote Shazam, 1 vote Pyure).

You'd calculate the actual amount of vote placed on each player I voted for, for example, by adding up all the weights posted in my last vote post of the day, then dividing each of the weights by that sum. The results of that would, in turn, be guaranteed to add up to one whole vote. You'd then do the same calculation for each player, then add up the partial votes placed on each player, and whoever winds up with the most vote at the end of the day gets lynched.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If you'd do that, I'd smite you (probably).

You can only vote in positive integer percentages. You have 100 votes. No more.
I'll put this in the OP.

I am not the only one who may feel the need to keep track of the number of votes on each persona. You may want things to be a little strict, to make them clear and unambiguous for everyone.
This game shouldn't require everyone to be an Excel wizard.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Rolesheet
If you have any additional roles to suggest, I'd like to hear it.
Please comment suggestions directly onto the rolesheet in Google Sheets.

Last edited: