Signs That You Play Too Much Minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
My job involves me driving down a lot of rural backroads. I've started imagining walking down the side of the road, plucking the tall weeds in order to get seeds to build a farm and wondering how hard exactly do I have to punch a tree to get a block of wood from it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into a Thaumcraft Hungry Node while boating on the ocean and lost all my good stuff which I always carry in a Backpack so I have it when I need it. For the rest of the evening, I alternated between emotions like anger and sadness over the incident. But... it's just a game, right? So why should I have such an emotional reaction, besides the fact that I love playing the game and felt like I had it all ripped away from me against my will.

Yeah, I can start over and rebuild what I had on me when I died... but perhaps it is also a sign that I play too much Minecraft and should go do something else in life for a change? Getting emotional over a video game seems kind weak and worthless. I'll miss my server-mates but life goes on I guess. I asked them to turn off Hungry Nodes so I can retrieve my gravestone, but I expect they won't do so because it would go against the philosophy of a "hard mode" server.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe: Its neither weak nor worthless. Getting pissed off or even mildly depressed over losing a tonne of work is normal. Its just human nature. No point in fighting it, just accept that emotions happen. I've ragequit before due to dying in the void and losing TONNES of shit. Better to actually express and accept your emotions, and do so appropriately, than to try to disown them. Tried that before, nearly drove me to the nuthouse. Don't recommend it.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Ran into a Thaumcraft Hungry Node while boating on the ocean and lost all my good stuff which I always carry in a Backpack so I have it when I need it. For the rest of the evening, I alternated between emotions like anger and sadness over the incident. But... it's just a game, right? So why should I have such an emotional reaction, besides the fact that I love playing the game and felt like I had it all ripped away from me against my will.

Yeah, I can start over and rebuild what I had on me when I died... but perhaps it is also a sign that I play too much Minecraft and should go do something else in life for a change? Getting emotional over a video game seems kind weak and worthless. I'll miss my server-mates but life goes on I guess. I asked them to turn off Hungry Nodes so I can retrieve my gravestone, but I expect they won't do so because it would go against the philosophy of a "hard mode" server.

Turning Hungry Nodes off won't remove the one out there, the only thing that will move it are either Blood Magic Teleposers, if your server has those, or the Node in a Jar, so to get your gravestone back you will need help from others on the server. A server admin might be able to break the node, but I'm betting they won't do that.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought of another one. Was helping to clear out a house and needed to get in the loft. My brain/hand tried to right-click to open my golden bag of holding so I could retrieve some ladders. Luckily, no-one saw me.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Was trying to find things in my room the other day and started to wonder why i haven't built an AE system yet.
Sometimes I try to use NEI's filter function to find something in a closet. Also, ctrl+z to undo bad lines while drawing.
:p
Turning Hungry Nodes off won't remove the one out there, the only thing that will move it are either Blood Magic Teleposers, if your server has those, or the Node in a Jar, so to get your gravestone back you will need help from others on the server. A server admin might be able to break the node, but I'm betting they won't do that.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Turning off the EFFECTS of hungry nodes would make it safe, though, and that's what is meant.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you know the location of the node, you can surround it with obsidian. Obsidian blocks are one of the blocks that hungry node can't eat.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Sometimes I try to use NEI's filter function to find something in a closet. Also, ctrl+z to undo bad lines while drawing.
:p

Turning off the EFFECTS of hungry nodes would make it safe, though, and that's what is meant.

How exactly would that be done? I did not know Azanor had that as a config option in his Thaumcraft files. Besides, once you know what a Hungry Node really is, it's a lot better to just keep it's effects and turn it into a very powerful wand recharge node, after feeding it a lot of primal aspects. :D In other words, Azanor designed them for you to exploit them to their fullest potential as a recharge station, so grab some obsidian, surround it, and start making plans for the recharge station! :D

If you have no need for a Hungry Node wand recharge station, simply capture a Tainted Node and release it nearby, wait a while until the Tainted Node turns the Hungry Node into a Tainted Node, and after it's effects disappear, you can then safely approach your gravestone and get your gear back.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: PierceSG