Show Your Agrarian Skies world

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe building the Nether Portal way off on an island by itself is a great idea.
kcbxgRX.jpg)

Minding my own business when I get hit by a fireball out of nowhere. Lucky it didn't hit the original wooden portion of the platform. He didn't care that I hadn't mined the Nether either. Took two stacks of arrows to put him down. Dropped a blaze rod and an ender lily seed.

Thanks for the fair warning. guess I'ma wait a lil bit longer before i build any portals. just got finished with making a cobblegen in my fifth attempt (I had trouble with falling off edges for a while. :mad: stupid shift key not working. got it fixed now :(
It's funny how this challenge map starts out really really slow, then once you get enough stuff growing, and the cobblegen up and working it all explodes in your face with possibilities.
my progress thus far:
2014-03-30_21.13.36.png 2014-03-30_21.13.39.png 2014-03-30_21.13.41.png 2014-03-30_21.13.46.png
everything is at the bare minimum. I lucked out, and one of the goodie bags contained a wide variety of seeds. so i have 16 of each of the foodplants now. no more eating bugs to stay alive. I found that 9 plots of trees was enough to keep me bussy enough to not have time for fishing anymore, so those food items are essential. Next project is to make a home Iland where I can have a nice house and a garden.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe building the Nether Portal way off on an island by itself is a great idea.
kcbxgRX.jpg)

Minding my own business when I get hit by a fireball out of nowhere. Lucky it didn't hit the original wooden portion of the platform. He didn't care that I hadn't mined the Nether either. Took two stacks of arrows to put him down. Dropped a blaze rod and an ender lily seed.

At the beginning i tried to place the netherportal under water to prevent spawns from nether but it does not work like i wish. Then i build a small portal island, far enough to build a TC drawbridge. I never had a problem with netherspawns.

PaisleyPlayfully

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd share my world I started last weekend. I built a mob spawner below the island to try to preserve the looks, you can just see a glimpse of it in the bottom of the picture (the roof doubles as a fishing area/squid tank.) I've also added a basement to the house where I keep my power gen and smeltery. I've started a few smaller islands for future bees but I've also been trying to get a pech to spawn in the magical forest…with no luck…anyone have any suggestions?

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd share my world I started last weekend. I built a mob spawner below the island to try to preserve the looks, you can just see a glimpse of it in the bottom of the picture (the roof doubles as a fishing area/squid tank.) I've also added a basement to the house where I keep my power gen and smeltery. I've started a few smaller islands for future bees but I've also been trying to get a pech to spawn in the magical forest…with no luck…anyone have any suggestions?

Try a little dark room 2 blocks high i think pechs also spawn only in dark places. Sure creeper, zombies and skellys will spawn too but with a little practice you will be able to kill the other mobs without killling the pech. BTW you will be able to get Whisp essences for Thaumcraft too. Perhaps its more easy to kill them with a bow.

Spodean

Jul 29, 2019
kcbxgRX.jpg)

LOL, I learned my lesson in Magic Farm 2 with those nasty epic pigmen.

I have a chest right next to the portal where I put my things that I do not want to lose before entering. This chest also contains a bucket of water and a lighter. Now I just break the portal with a bucket of water each time I come back to the overworld.

That is safest, and always insures that I don't step back into the portal from the overworld without my lighter lol

Edit* it also ensures that no overworld mobs are waiting for me on the otherside, which I have had happened even with a well lit portal room.

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Its gorgeous, and I would like to use pictures for the preview if you are ok with that.
It was never my intention to impress someone with these pics. I thought there will be several answers with nice pics ...

Anyway I think you may use them but the posted pictures are not up to date. I am still working on an biodome island for treebreeding. If you like, you may visit my server and make Screenshots as much as you need.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I've graduated beyond the starter platform to my first factory/warehouse.

With microblocks and chisel my usual square building isn't entirely plain.
unLwVTw.jpg
Let's make cobble, lava, RF, clear glass, and run tons of cobble, sand, and dust through 6 sieves driven by 10 actuators.
uIM5Apj.jpg

r0qvaWI.jpg

rTatm7c.jpg
Original mob spawner, mothballed until I graft an MFR grinder rig on the bottom of it.
QDzJtUR.jpg
Everybody needs a squid pool, right?
huV9bAc.jpg

Nothing too exciting but a good foundation to build upon. :)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I've graduated beyond the starter platform to my first factory/warehouse.

With microblocks and chisel my usual square building isn't entirely plain.
unLwVTw.jpg
Let's make cobble, lava, RF, clear glass, and run tons of cobble, sand, and dust through 6 sieves driven by 10 actuators.
uIM5Apj.jpg

r0qvaWI.jpg

rTatm7c.jpg
Original mob spawner, mothballed until I graft an MFR grinder rig on the bottom of it.
QDzJtUR.jpg
Everybody needs a squid pool, right?
huV9bAc.jpg

Nothing too exciting but a good foundation to build upon. :)
Looks like you are ready to go big.
that setup looks like it could make more blocks than a single player could conceivably be able to place down to make everything look good.

that retired mob grinder. is it an oldschool vanilla darkroom with water transport to a dropshaft you are using?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there thaumic tinkerer in the pack for Agrarian skies?

The corporeal attractor could deal with the problem of pigmen spawning from your portal, stick one of those underneath your portal set to repel, and push any pigmen that spawn into the void

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there thaumic tinkerer in the pack for Agrarian skies?

The corporeal attractor could deal with the problem of pigmen spawning from your portal, stick one of those underneath your portal set to repel, and push any pigmen that spawn into the void

there is no Thaumic Tinkerer in Agrarian Skies. if you want to move mobs you've the option to use golden lasso's, safari nets, conveyor belts, arcane levitator or blood/slime channels
or if you like to go old school, go hit the mobs with a frying pan or crook ;)

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Made some progress with my first floating Island. been using the building guide to get the rough shape, then adding on some details here and there as I go.
the plan is to punch a couple of holes into the lower part of the main Island as well, then put maybe some kind of flying harbour for small airships there. this pack definately should have archimedes ships in it. wonder if adding that will break anything? I still need to add a few more sections to it tho. there is not enough room for everything i want to fit on it yet.
2014-04-01_09.34.48.png

Haven't made any quest progress in a while tho. last one i did was in order to upgrade to metal tools from TiCo. I did make an extruder and a couple of barrels. vanilla cobble gen is a pita to deal with, so it's been dismantled. the fear of it setting fire to all of those wooden platforms was ever present. good to be rid of it. going to work on moving both smoothstone and cobble production to the main Island soon, then I need to get my smeltery over there. that should speed everything up a little bit I think.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
that retired mob grinder. is it an oldschool vanilla darkroom with water transport to a dropshaft you are using?

I used MFR conveyor belts instead of water so the Endermen wouldn't teleport away.
The spawn floors have slabs every other block so spiders won't spawn. Before I did that they were choking up the drop. I had to place a magnum torch then stand at the bottom shooting arrows up into the darkness until it stopped raining string and experience orbs.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I used MFR conveyor belts instead of water so the Endermen wouldn't teleport away.
The spawn floors have slabs every other block so spiders won't spawn. Before I did that they were choking up the drop. I had to place a magnum torch then stand at the bottom shooting arrows up into the darkness until it stopped raining string and experience orbs.

ah.. I was thinking of trying to get an MFR grinder setup going for the mobs. that way one doesn't need any drop tower or big spawn room. I think i can set one up without having to grind any mobs first. just have to grind enough gravel and sand through the sieve.

oh, and a quick update to my Iland building progress:

2014-04-01_09.34.48.png 2014-04-01_11.40.52.png 2014-04-01_18.12.08.png
The underside of the main Island is done. Next up is to start working on capping it off with some nice terrain features and pathways. I will also lay out the first floor of each building so i can get a feel for how cramped the paths are going to feel. I should have room for a small village on that thing.

Reactions: RestrictedDruid

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
ah.. I was thinking of trying to get an MFR grinder setup going for the mobs. that way one doesn't need any drop tower or big spawn room. I think i can set one up without having to grind any mobs first. just have to grind enough gravel and sand through the sieve.

Definitely isn't required but you can build one very quickly if you're willing to invest in a builder's wand early on. :)

Matul

Jul 29, 2019

oh, and a quick update to my Iland building progress:

View attachment 10445 View attachment 10446 View attachment 10447
The underside of the main Island is done. Next up is to start working on capping it off with some nice terrain features and pathways. I will also lay out the first floor of each building so i can get a feel for how cramped the paths are going to feel. I should have room for a small village on that thing.

I like to watch your building progress. Its a complete other way i build mine. I first build the top with the shape of the island and then i used the phantom bridge from blood magic to build down.

Im interested in see your complete island ... looks nice till now.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely isn't required but you can build one very quickly if you're willing to invest in a builder's wand early on. :)

How do you get the activation sigil? or is a builders wand made available as a reward? The rewards in the goodie bags are sometimes quite OP compared to where one is in the techtree at that time. othertimes they just contain junk. full complement of Forestry backpacks @Jadecat? seriously?

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the activation sigil? or is a builders wand made available as a reward? The rewards in the goodie bags are sometimes quite OP compared to where one is in the techtree at that time. othertimes they just contain junk. full complement of Forestry backpacks @Jadecat? seriously?

I think we got one sigil from trading with pechs and the others from killing wither.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I think we got one sigil from trading with pechs and the others from killing wither.

Yeah. trading with the pechs is definitely on my todo list. the northern corner of that Island is edging towards what i think is a magical forest biome. I'm going by biome map colors, so I might be wrong. there are lots and lots of biomes on the map tho, So with a few stacks of cobble I could probably locate one pretty fast. There probably won't be much progress the rest of the day tho. My shift key pressing ability has dropped significantly, and my hands need a rest. falling to ones death twice is a good hint that one should take a break no?

Matul

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. trading with the pechs is definitely on my todo list. the northern corner of that Island is edging towards what i think is a magical forest biome. I'm going by biome map colors, so I might be wrong. there are lots and lots of biomes on the map tho, So with a few stacks of cobble I could probably locate one pretty fast. There probably won't be much progress the rest of the day tho. My shift key pressing ability has dropped significantly, and my hands need a rest. falling to ones death twice is a good hint that one should take a break no?

I dont know how far you are with blood magic ... the phantom bridge is epic to build in the nowhere above the void ;)
BTW make a small dark room in a magic biome for pechs.

Reactions: Padfoote

luca2849

Jul 29, 2019
I was quite far in for me (completed like 5 challenges) then jumped on top of the road block.... big mistake... so yeah starting again...