Shop ideas for my server

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
So on my server we use the trade-o-mats to make shops. Someone has an iridium, emerald, food, and so on shop. I need an idea and I have thought about it for awhile and couldn't think of one. One idea was something like an iron or tin, but it isnt good. Help anyone?

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a good one, but once I sell a couple to each they won't want more. Thanks for replying.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Just choose something a lot of people want on the server. Get into bees, and start selling bree products, like pollen, honey ect. Even get some extra bees, and sell useful things like uranium.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest selling somewhat hard to get objects from Thaumcraft. Assuming your server has Thaumcraft, anyway.
Things like the Obsidian Pillar things, Crystal Capacitors, various Wands(make sure you don't sell any with Repair enchants and you'll have a reason for people to come back to buy more wands), various essentia bottles(with a focus on ones that are somewhat rare, such as the Mushroom one, and the one you get from wispy essence[I think it was Aere or something, but it's related to weather], and have plenty of Chronos for sale).

Basically, I'd sell things which aren't from IC2 or GregTech if I were you. Or booze(assuming they fixed that issue). If you can, sell lots of fine booze.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You could sell (assuming your server has soul shards installed) Mob Spawners. You could also build a pub, or sell bee products, batteries, circuits, (if you have GT) the many different types of machine blocks (advanced, highly advanced, etc). Get creative. Metals are easy to find, bees are complex, everyone hates crafting batteries and circuits, and highly advanced machine blocks are a pain. Make sure it is a renewable item, but difficult or boring to make. It might be helpful for us to know your FTB specialties as well.

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I have the Mindcrack pack. I tried doing warded blocks, no one wanted. I assume thye would like thaumcraft stuff good idea.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Warded Blocks are nice, but not everyone wants to build a house out of them. Plus you can find many other "blast proof" blocks in mods, so Warded Stone isn't as handy as you might think.
Well, except for when insulating nuclear reactors which might overheat. But even then I would rather use Warded Glass.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I have the Mindcrack pack. I tried doing warded blocks, no one wanted. I assume thye would like thaumcraft stuff good idea.
Yeah, warded blocks aren't THAT useful, and that is quite a boring business. Magic Tallows, wands, candles, nitor and that other thing that looks like it (the bomb) would be a cool store. You could even have it in a wizard tower or something of the like.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, warded blocks aren't THAT useful, and that is quite a boring business. Magic Tallows, wands, candles, nitor and that other thing that looks like it (the bomb) would be a cool store. You could even have it in a wizard tower or something of the like.
Alumentium is super fun. Also super easy to make. Also super easy to accidentally your whole base with(even more so with GregTech).

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Alumentium is super fun. Also super easy to make. Also super easy to accidentally your whole base with(even more so with GregTech).
100% agreed. I remember when I was just starting with thaumcraft and made some Alumentum.
"Oooh, is this that light thing I was hearing about..." BOOM! xD So far in my starting experiences with Gregtech I have had 0 explosions. *knocks on wood*, though I only have 30 Thermals, 1 Implosion Compressor, 1 Grinder, and 1 Blast Furnace (not much).

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I am going to be doing a Thaumcraft shop building with those things. I will include warded blocks, but wont waste too much time with that. Thanks, I got an awesome business idea for my server. :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I am going to be doing a Thaumcraft shop building with those things. I will include warded blocks, but wont waste too much time with that. Thanks, I got an awesome business idea for my server. :)
Well, I'm glad. I still like the idea of an electronics shop. I think I might do that on the server I play on.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Wands of Equal Trade - great for builders

If EE3 is not installed, you can make clay from redrock or river bees, or a factorization processing line. It's useful in GT since you can make it into energy and for making bricks, but difficult to get in large quantities. Try selling both clay dust and clay balls. Depending on people's needs, one might sell better than the other. If you have EE3, don't bother.

Enchanted books - It's hard to automate in mindcrack, although I think you can use turtles to collect XP and enchant books. (DW20 did this in one of his let's plays) Most of them would be fodder(could eventually be used in a GT magic energy absorber or such), but the right ones would be worth a lot.

How about a potion shop? Potions of fire resistance, Regen, etc. Those would be very beneficial to a lot of people if they could be purchased easily.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

If EE3 is not installed, you can make clay from redrock or river bees, or a factorization processing line. It's useful in GT since you can make it into energy and for making bricks, but difficult to get in large quantities. Try selling both clay dust and clay balls. Depending on people's needs, one might sell better than the other. If you have EE3, don't bother.

Enchanted books - It's hard to automate in mindcrack, although I think you can use turtles to collect XP and enchant books. (DW20 did this in one of his let's plays) Most of them would be fodder(could eventually be used in a GT magic energy absorber or such), but the right ones would be worth a lot.

How about a potion shop? Potions of fire resistance, Regen, etc. Those would be very beneficial to a lot of people if they could be purchased easily.
All very good ideas.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

You can automate enchanted books with Applied Energistics, and Turtles. The host of the server I play on did it, he charges 1 book per 1 enchanted book.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and for ease of purchasing use something any one can make or get easily and actually have a "price" to it. UUM is probably the "money" most people like, You can setup selling lots so people playing early game can have UUM to "spend" before they have a matter fab going. Just make sure the conversion rates are more than you get via crafting so like 4 UUM per 5 coal so it's a loss of 1 UUM trying to "trade" coal for UUM but maybe more pricey than that I would say. It's gotta be still the cheapest way to get UUM is to make it yourself.