Open Server Shock Therapy - A Universal Electricity Server

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

belmont

Jul 29, 2019
Shock Therapy - Universal Electricity Server [PVP] [SURVIVAL] [HARD] [Universal Electricity]
Owner: Belmont826
Admins: Currently none, please contact me on my skype if interested (specifically state that you're looking for MOD on the UE server in the friend request)
Server IP: 69.46.74.99
30 slots
Mods on the server have been updated! Please visit www.calclavia.com to download the latest recommended versions, or just use this link to download everything needed as quickly as possible:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cc4ep9r02d5o9rm/-etwuc9CSw
*Be sure to download the latest forge universal build from:
In the event that you encounter ID mistaches, please use this link to download the server's config files to quickly resolve the issue:
If you're unaware of how to update the mods in the UE modpack, when at the modpack selection screen, you'll want to highlight the Universal Electricity modpack and hit "Edit Modpack". In this screen, you'll have the ability to replace the mods and forge build currently included in UE with the files needed to rejoin the server!
NO WHITELIST
Difficulty: HARD​
Gamemode: Survival​
PVP: *ON*​
Griefing: *OKAY*​
Raiding: LEGIT​
Mass Destruction: Absolutely!​
After much deliberation as to which of the many modpacks to base my server on, I've chosen to go with the wonderful Voltz/Universal Electricity modpack as it interests me far too much and opens up a new and massive world of PVP. I will be backing up the server when possible (as frequently as possible too) to ensure many do not lose out on their progress due to the choices of a few. Note though, that there will only be a rollback in the event certain items are used (There will NOT be a rollback every time someone's base is destroyed. The goal of the backup is to protect the map as a whole from complete catastrophe.)
Rules:
1. No hacks/xray/modified clients of any kind! This is a permanent ban!
2. PVP, Griefing and Raiding are all allowed and under NO circumstances will items be replaced due to such actions (Mods will NOT give out or replace items)
3. No racist/hateful chat of any kind -- You will be removed as there simply is no tolerance.
4. You may use whatever explosive device you may build on ANYONE, as long as
a) you're prepared for the consequences (meaning you're not allowed to nuke someone and turn around to complain when someone counter-attacks)
b) You must refrain from nuking/attacking spawn
c) There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for spawnkilling. Do it -> Get Caught -> Get Banned: Simple (same goes for hacks).
The server currently has 3.5 gbs RAM.
Disabled Mods: None, only Anchors are disabled at present time.

belmont

Jul 29, 2019
Player slots decreased to 30 today. The initial player cap of 60 would've rendered the server unplayable had it reached capacity. It's my hope that this will change shortly and we can up the player slots without having to worry about lag, but for now it's in everyone's best interest.

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
server down? also if you do get a forcefiel and decide to build above ground. make sure you have a good power source for it (also if you attack me i will nuke you =P )[DOUBLEPOST=1358611659][/DOUBLEPOST]some advice if you are fighting someone with much more resources than you and a force field. launch a EMP attack and then a nuke as the EMP goes through forcefields to mess up there forcefeild

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
let today be known as the first day of war. whyistheskyblue launched the first nuclear atttack upon ed thus starting the nuclear apocalpyse. he and highlandersteve joined together to forge an alliance to last a century[DOUBLEPOST=1358618144][/DOUBLEPOST]they have declared war on ed for insulting their culture. and they will not stop until they have eradicated him

SooperValar

Jul 29, 2019
How newbie friendly is this server? I was looking to learn a bit about the UE mod pack on a server but I'd rather not be annihilated the whole time I'm trying to learn the basics.

Tesmetron

Jul 29, 2019
From the looks of things, it's annihilation all the way. Don't worry though, sometimes annihilation can be fun!

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
this was the first time i had done UE on survival. i now have obsidian armour and a particle accelrator. yes its ok for newbs

belmont

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to facedive into Universal Electricity c:[DOUBLEPOST=1359588772][/DOUBLEPOST]Although I can't seem to log into the server?

Yeah, not too sure what exactly was the cause, but something was bringing the server down for a little bit there. It's happened a few times in the past few days, which I try to bring it up a.s.a.p. after it occurs, but hopefully in the next little bit I can figure out what is causing it. To be completely honest, we really need the UE team to release a new update for the modpack, effectively getting rid of a fair amount of issues that currently arise now and again (as well as getting the mmmPowerSuits mod back which was removed due to a server-crippling error). The versions the Universal Electricity modpack contains are ridiculously outdated in comparison to the current recommended versions found on the Calclavia website :(

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
we can but that is more work for eveyone on the server. also i died in a world hole when the server moved the spawn and lost 24 leather full obsidian armour a centrifuge and 10 diamonds =(