Sharing my FTB Beyond experience.

A

Arkomis

Hey all, first time on here but in my quest to learn and discover more about FTB Beyond or mod packs for 1.10, I'm finding that there is incomplete data on the mods for 1.10 where many updated mods are still running just the old wikis. So here is what I have built and my build style is always way too much and I might need to learn how to downsize so I can work on detail. I went with AE2 as I am more familiar with it and I started out heavy with TE but have since discovered that the amount of pulverizers and induction smelters cant keep up with the ridiculousness of the Void Miner. Let me know what ya think, keep in mind its still a build in progress!

2017-09-06_18.33.53.png 2017-09-06_18.34.08.png 2017-09-06_18.34.23.png 2017-09-06_18.35.22.png 2017-09-06_18.35.46.png 2017-09-06_18.36.03.png 2017-09-06_18.36.25.png 2017-09-06_18.40.19.png

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wow! That looks really nice dude - great work! Nice neat looking inside, and lovely architecture on the outside! :D

Reactions: Arkomis
A

Arkomis

haha ya, spent too much time designing. speaking of which, I went and killed the chaos gaurdian, which was kinda difficult with draconic bow because in order to use some of the abilities the bow has, it uses up tons of RF. Even with a draconic capacitor is I was going through energy quite fast, not sure if there is a better alternative. now, however; I'm facing the dilemma of not sure what to go about doing, (this is a small server with a couple friends). Any recommendations?

Botania is complicated to automate so im being lazy about it.
Not even sure what I can gain from blood magic besides pet swords and bows.
Environmental tech gives me basically everything except for plants and dimensional shards.
Rftools dimensions are kool but finding not much point if I have infinite resources.
Woot factory gives me infinite mob drops.

Things I'm annoyed about:
trying to automate multiple Alloy smelters
Rftools shield not strong enough for a Draconic reactor explosion (tried testing it in single player creative)
RF/EU conversion (not finding much point to explore IC2 because of not having EU)
Draconic stabilized mob spawners don't seem to work when trying to customize.
"AE2 stuff" breaking or disconnecting on its own.
*Edit* and Facades not combining textures when next to the same type.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

masterx244

Jul 29, 2019
Rftools shield not strong enough for a Draconic reactor explosion (tried testing it in single player creative)
IIRC the modd dev programmed them in a way different than regular explosions so they erase blocks directly instead of going the vanilla explosion way

A

Arkomis

I'm not a big fan of trying to mass automate EnderIO machines but their conduits are very useful. It has been many headaches trying to get augmented pulverizers and induction smelters to to keep up and look nice in a wall because of all the wiring and logistics needed. not much information was out there on how to accomplish this. This is the final result and it still barely can keep up with 1 tier 4 void miner. Some of the induction smelters are set to only accept redstone ore and sand, and nether quartz and soul sand, two on the bottom are used for auto-crafting and the 4 pulverizers in the back are used for auto-crafting.

Things I still struggled with were dividing up Alloy smelters, when 4 alloy smelters were connected to 1 interface, didn't seem to want to use more than 2 of the 4 unless the order was big enough. As well as how to maintain snowball production without overfilling disk drive space and maintaining petrothuem(the auto-crafting didn't seem to like it too much, couldn't figure out why).

Maybe this setup will help you guys out in your builds.
*Edit* The Draconic Evolution wireless crystal was probably my favorite thing to use because of the particle effects when operating.

2017-09-16_12.36.24.png 2017-09-16_12.36.51.png 2017-09-16_12.37.04.png 2017-09-11_22.16.30.png

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame