Sharing discoveries in Thaumcraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. You can tell someone what you did to get something but that's it. You can't really hand off the discovery to another player.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
First, use a Crystal Core to draw a Dark Node directly over your Crucible. Throw another Crystal Core, your Thaumonomicon, then your Wand of the Thaumaturge into your Crucible, in that order.
This will craft the Troll's Visage, which will allow you to share your Thaumcraft research with others.

I claim no responsibility if you actually take that seriously.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
First, use a Crystal Core to draw a Dark Node directly over your Crucible. Throw another Crystal Core, your Thaumonomicon, then your Wand of the Thaumaturge into your Crucible, in that order.
This will craft the Troll's Visage, which will allow you to share your Thaumcraft research with others.

I claim no responsibility if you actually take that seriously.

Sigh.... MC forums that way >>>>>

trolls go much better over there.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You could give them your unfinished theorems.

Like whenever you start a new research, take it to about 80%, and hand it over. Then repeat it for yourself.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
You can give them the completed research too, it only becomes "yours" when you right-click it into your Thaumonomicon

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
But if you already added the research to your book you can't share it. So no sharing old stuff and sharing the papers doesn't do anything but move the work of researching to you instead of them.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, if you give a theory to somebody who doesn't have its prerequisites, can they add it to their notebook, and can they build the device? (If the components they can't make are given to them by someone else too.)

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, if you give a theory to somebody who doesn't have its prerequisites, can they add it to their notebook, and can they build the device? (If the components they can't make are given to them by someone else too.)
No, if you haven't "unlocked it" yet, you cannot discover it.
Even if you have the materials, it will not be made.
(As far as I know.)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I would think Azanor has put in measures to prevent that. The whole point of the system is that every player has to do their own research and learning. Although, to use any of the stuff you don't actually need to research. Research is only required for crafting and using the casting wand to transmute stuff.