Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Next time you spawn on a Slime Island, do remember that you can make your way down from it with relative ease just by digging a hole in the side of the pool of slimy water to freedom and the surface. It'll probably take you a couple of blocks of dirt to dig through but you should be easily able to make a waterslide you can simply float safely down on if you're careful. :D

If you make Tinker's Construct tools from slimy materials it can be the repair material for the tool, and as tools with slimy parts in them spawn blue slimes, you have repair materials for days! :D I find it quite fun to build a TiC Excavator, and slap auto-repair on it with some mossy cobble, and become a dirt digging machine! It's also handy for clearing gravel "veins" out of your mining areas. ;-)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Actually hadn't considered that... That'd be super useful as it happens there a Slime Island floating almost above where I'm working... Just need to nerdpole up with the absurd amount of cobble (& maybe smooth stone) I have and do some demolishing. On top of starting down the IC2 route to get the Dense Iron Plates needed for the Tool Forge. Thanks for the tip.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
So... Decided to take a break from magic (Sunnuva... Why did tfox disable the mana tablet?!), and start down the tech side. Ran into what I thought was an issue (after fumbling with an IE Capacitor Box), my energy kept disappearing for whatever reason. As it would happen, I totally forgot that the Thermionic Fabricator is one hell of a power hog. So, now I've got what I need from it (Diamantine Electron Tubes), it's been dismantled and put away. Stupid thing really needs some redstone controls or something like that (unless I'm just being thick and it has them, or they doesn't work for some reason).

So. Now onto improving my rudimentary power structure some, working on finding some obsidian for the Assembly Table (found a fair few diamonds thanks to a rather generous vein + a Dense Diamond Ore through a F3 TiCon pick), I have yet to find a lava pool I can douse, and starting working my way into the Rock Crusher, and IC2.

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
So... Decided to take a break from magic (Sunnuva... Why did tfox disable the mana tablet?!), and start down the tech side. Ran into what I thought was an issue (after fumbling with an IE Capacitor Box), my energy kept disappearing for whatever reason. As it would happen, I totally forgot that the Thermionic Fabricator is one hell of a power hog. So, now I've got what I need from it (Diamantine Electron Tubes), it's been dismantled and put away. Stupid thing really needs some redstone controls or something like that (unless I'm just being thick and it has them, or they doesn't work for some reason).

So. Now onto improving my rudimentary power structure some, working on finding some obsidian for the Assembly Table (found a fair few diamonds thanks to a rather generous vein + a Dense Diamond Ore through a F3 TiCon pick), I have yet to find a lava pool I can douse, and starting working my way into the Rock Crusher, and IC2.

The Mana Tablet recipe isn't disabled, it's just that you need to click the full mana tablet to see the recipe, since it creates one already loaded with mana.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
The Mana Tablet recipe isn't disabled, it's just that you need to click the full mana tablet to see the recipe, since it creates one already loaded with mana.

...Seriously? Thanks...

...Be nice if that was mentioned somewhere, but then again Evolved Expert mode has the player scouring through NEI. Really should've checked more thoroughly.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I checked out the Expert Mode, and I have got to say while some of the recipes are high-end, I find the pack devs went a bit overboard on some items. Who thought it would be a good idea to make someone wait sixteen hours for the crystals needed for some pure certus quartz? I don't normally play that many hours in a real-life day and that'd only be in single-player, anyway.

To the pack devs, could you please scale it back somewhat, for single-player at least? I know multiplayer means people will probably just run a chunkloader, but in single-player I don't have the luxury of wasting computer on-time and my power bill for some pure certus quartz. Time gates are a good concept, just remember not everyone can afford the real-life power requirements to run one! :D

On a good day, I play 6-8 hours per day, I would imagine these certus crystals shouldn't take more than that long to make in a pool of water. I would also appreciate it if the pack devs could put their heads together and modify the expert mode some more. There are good and valid reasons why people shouldn't have to wait a long time for an item, and I think you should add in a modified recipe for the pure crystals that is more expensive resource-wise, rather than having it be time-based. Is it possible you could add in some kind of scaled back difficulty presets for people who don't have infinite amounts of free time to spare? I have to sleep and do real-life chores some of the time, too!

For the foreseeable future, I will be playing Infinity in normal mode, as it's already difficult enough for me to progress in normal difficulty. I do thank you for creating expert mode, though, it's nice to see a return to GregTech-like difficulty!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
I checked out the Expert Mode, and I have got to say while some of the recipes are high-end, I find the pack devs went a bit overboard on some items. Who thought it would be a good idea to make someone wait sixteen hours for the crystals needed for some pure certus quartz? I don't normally play that many hours in a real-life day and that'd only be in single-player, anyway.

To the pack devs, could you please scale it back somewhat, for single-player at least? I know multiplayer means people will probably just run a chunkloader, but in single-player I don't have the luxury of wasting computer on-time and my power bill for some pure certus quartz. Time gates are a good concept, just remember not everyone can afford the real-life power requirements to run one! :D

On a good day, I play 6-8 hours per day, I would imagine these certus crystals shouldn't take more than that long to make in a pool of water. I would also appreciate it if the pack devs could put their heads together and modify the expert mode some more. There are good and valid reasons why people shouldn't have to wait a long time for an item, and I think you should add in a modified recipe for the pure crystals that is more expensive resource-wise, rather than having it be time-based. Is it possible you could add in some kind of scaled back difficulty presets for people who don't have infinite amounts of free time to spare? I have to sleep and do real-life chores some of the time, too!

For the foreseeable future, I will be playing Infinity in normal mode, as it's already difficult enough for me to progress in normal difficulty. I do thank you for creating expert mode, though, it's nice to see a return to GregTech-like difficulty!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
expert mode is a just a way of dev to open your eyes and make you find other ways to achieve what you want.
there's a machine from ME that helps you get pure certuz quartz easily. use NEI is your best friend on expert mode

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
expert mode is a just a way of dev to open your eyes and make you find other ways to achieve what you want.
there's a machine from ME that helps you get pure certuz quartz easily. use NEI is your best friend on expert mode

Which machine is that? I'm not familiar with the mod abbreviation you used.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Question is, how hard is it to make in Expert mode? May be easy enough in normal...
I don't believe the recipe has changed, but don't quote me on that. I don't have minecraft available atm to check.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

VKyuss789

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the crystal growth accelerator recipe hasn't changed...... But the power accepter has... And that's the only was to power them... Well that and the controller and that is the the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Yeah the crystal growth accelerator recipe hasn't changed...... But the power accepter has... And that's the only was to power them... Well that and the controller and that is the the same

The crystal growth accelerator accepts rf power I'm almost certain.

VKyuss789

Jul 29, 2019
The crystal growth accelerator accepts rf power I'm almost certain.

From the AE2 website
"Must be powered by an ME Network via the top or bottom, and consumes a steady 8 ae/t"

I doubt they would put a time gate in if you could just skip it plus even if you could you still need the power acceptor for the me network

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
From the AE2 website
"Must be powered by an ME Network via the top or bottom, and consumes a steady 8 ae/t"

I doubt they would put a time gate in if you could just skip it plus even if you could you still need the power acceptor for the me network

But the accelerator itself requires pure certus quartz. Hmm I'll have to test when I get home.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
From the AE2 website

The funny thing is since AE2 was in Direwolf20's 1.7.10 pack, I could actually use Thermal Expansion's RF fluxducts to power a Charger, yet the same RF fluxducts wouldn't even connect to a Crystal Growth Accelerator, let alone power it. I doubt it would change on the whim of some random person playing modded Minecraft, I think you should go and recheck your facts! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

VKyuss789

Jul 29, 2019
The funny thing is since AE2 was in Direwolf20's 1.7.10 pack, I could actually use Thermal Expansion's RF fluxducts to power a Charger, yet the same RF fluxducts wouldn't even connect to a Crystal Growth Accelerator, let alone power it. I doubt it would change on the whim of some random person playing modded Minecraft, I think you should go and recheck your facts! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

So my fact of not being able to power the accelerator without a powered ME network was in fact correct??? as you have just said.... I don't know what the charger has to do with this conversation??? You should read the comment before replying! :D

Cheers...

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
So my fact of not being able to power the accelerator without a powered ME network was in fact correct??? as you have just said.... I don't know what the charger has to do with this conversation??? You should read the comment before replying! :D

Cheers...

It's still a valid comment, if you realize I had simply hit the wrong reply button. Happens occasionally, what are you worried about? ;-) Now if there was a thread for reply derp-ups on the FTB forums, I'd probably be on it! ;-) As for the charger being in it, that is related to the fact that both the Charger and the Crystal Growth Accelerator are both AE components that require different forms of power.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

A

andymac2k1

Just whack a lever on the front of the thermonic fabricator :)