Share your gear loadout

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
2015-09-06_10.43.59.png

That's pretty much everything for me. All I'm really going for now is a silverwood staff, given how quickly my runic shields drain my wand.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
View attachment 22744

That's pretty much everything for me. All I'm really going for now is a silverwood staff, given how quickly my runic shields drain my wand.
Too many tools :p

My base loadout(bear in mind I am still "stuck in the past" :p):
E7i3voo.png

Pickaxe, Shovel, Hammer, Excavator all in one in the Advanced Diamond Drill. Vajra will mine everything instantly(super handy for creative flight building), as well as Silk Touch on Right Click.

Resupplied/recharged on the fly from back at base through Random Things "Player Interface". "Remote Orderer" connected to ME network through the Player Interface (You can substitute the Player Interface with an Ender Pouch).

The ton of neat stuff from Quantum. Creative flight from GraviChest. Step-up, jump and speed from Electro-magic Tools "Quantum boots of the Traveller".

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I used to just do MPS but its just way too simple so now my favorite loadout is an eclectic mix of different mods that suit the way I like to play. I dont really care for creative flight, I prefer the infinite jumps and toggle-able hover mode you get with a good old simply jetpack. I go for the reinforced one because the higher tiers make you move too fast. Ender IO's dark steel helm has a few nice features but mainly I like it for the night vision which again can be toggled on and off and makes the "bweem" sound you would expect it to make. Thaumcraft boots of the traveller enchanted with haste II, protection V and maxed out runic shielding, but most importantly the slowfall enchantment added by thaumic tinkerer which makes you glide down from high places unless you hold the sneak button. And the leggings are all about making up for the armor deficiency I end up with, thaumcraft's the go to mod again here but I cant remember what the leggings are named.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I dont really care for creative flight, I prefer the infinite jumps and toggle-able hover mode you get with a good old simply jetpack. I go for the reinforced one because the higher tiers make you move too fast.
For simple mobility, a Jetpack is much preferable IMO. I just love how GraviSuite handles it with the Advanced Electric Jetpack/Advanced NanoChestPlate. Fine control with a slowfall mode, and when you want speed you hit the boost key(default ctrl I think) and off you go :p

Creative flight is too clumsy to get around fast. But for long stints of building, creative flight in just unparalleled! I even use it for places where I could be walking while building sometimes, simply due to the more fluid movements.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
cd8a6a2e9c.png

e5c4afdb90.png
1edad8fea9.png
7459ba55db.png
Those wings are from Icarus; they prevent fall damage, and you can jump to "fly", but not too high. Other than that, this is a pretty new-gamey loadout.
One neat thing is that the traveller's belt from TiC allows you to have essentially two hotbars.

... brb posting to the cool little thing thread.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
For simple mobility, a Jetpack is much preferable IMO. I just love how GraviSuite handles it with the Advanced Electric Jetpack/Advanced NanoChestPlate. Fine control with a slowfall mode, and when you want speed you hit the boost key(default ctrl I think) and off you go :p

Creative flight is too clumsy to get around fast. But for long stints of building, creative flight in just unparalleled! I even use it for places where I could be walking while building sometimes, simply due to the more fluid movements.

I kinda like the flight mechanics on the gravichest. It feels nice and smooth, especially compared to the creative flight i've been using (from the ExU angel wings I got to go with my Bound Armour). For precision movements, it's a lot nicer than the high-end Simply Jetpacks and easier to control than the sheer craziness of the Draconic Armour...although the latter is mostly due to the crazy speed boost one gets when one has the whole set.

Reactions: rhn and Type1Ninja

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

I havent used it since 1.2.5 but you make it sound very attractive.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I kinda like the flight mechanics on the gravichest. It feels nice and smooth, especially compared to the creative flight i've been using (from the ExU angel wings I got to go with my Bound Armour). For precision movements, it's a lot nicer than the high-end Simply Jetpacks and easier to control than the sheer craziness of the Draconic Armour...although the latter is mostly due to the crazy speed boost one gets when one has the whole set.
Don't get me wrong. I think the GraviChest mechanics are great. Again the author hits it spot on by giving fine control when you need it and then shear speed(vertically and horizontally) with the boost key(and disabling it with F for quick drops :p). But for me I just feel that getting over obstacles and dropping down on precision spots is much easier with the Advanced Electric Jetpacks. Once you get used to manipulating the "M" key for the Slowfall/Fast mode and the CTRL for boost speed(and F do disable for drops), you can just "get around" much faster.

But ok travelling 3k in one direction is easier with Gravichest on "cruise mode" :p

Perhaps it is a matter of scale. If you are just hopping around your base doing stuff, then Jetpack is preferable. But if you are building or travelling far Gravichest is great.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I've added EnderIO dark armour to my collection. Fully tricked out it's pretty sweet.

And I kinda like using the anvil as the upgrade mechanism :)

I'm just waiting for my mana pools to fill back up so I can make the last bit of my terrasteel armour aswell.

Added to my Bound Armour, QuantumSuit/Gravichest and Draconic Armour it's quite the wardrobe.

Not sure what to make next, or even if there's any more cute multifunctional armour types in the pack.

Any ideas?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So I've added EnderIO dark armour to my collection. Fully tricked out it's pretty sweet.

And I kinda like using the anvil as the upgrade mechanism :)

I'm just waiting for my mana pools to fill back up so I can make the last bit of my terrasteel armour aswell.

Added to my Bound Armour, QuantumSuit/Gravichest and Draconic Armour it's quite the wardrobe.

Not sure what to make next, or even if there's any more cute multifunctional armour types in the pack.

Any ideas?
... Enchanted diamond armor? :p
That stuff's actually pretty good, even in a modded scenario.
Plus it glows. :D