Shaders mods appear black or terrible?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
C

cma1216

Title Shaders mods appear black or terrible?

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Revelation

Modpack version 1.6

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue installed using this video:

using GTX 1080. minecraft 1.12.2 and optifine 1.12.2, and up to date shaders.

using revelation 1.6

pics:

https://imgur.com/gallery/kphFY

Last edited by a moderator:

Inferius77

Jun 15, 2015
Try this:
Disable custom sky boxes in "advancedRocketry.cfg".
Location: "Instances\FTB Continuum\config\advRocketry\advancedRocketry.cfg"
Code:
line 55:    B:overworldSkyOverride=false
that fixed it for me. I also changed
Code:
line 40:    B:PanetSkyOverride=false
line 43:    B:StationSkyOverride=false
just to be safe.

Reply if this works for you or not. It fixed my identical problem on FTB Continuum.

E

Eggbird

Try this:
Code:
Code:
just to be safe.

Reply if this works for you or not. It fixed my identical problem on FTB Continuum.

Inferius77. I have spent hours upon hours trying to resolve my shader issues in Continuum. After many years of enjoying FTB I finally made a forum account just to thank you for posting this. It solved my issue. Time to play the pack!!

Inferius77

Jun 15, 2015
Inferius77. I have spent hours upon hours trying to resolve my shader issues in Continuum. After many years of enjoying FTB I finally made a forum account just to thank you for posting this. It solved my issue. Time to play the pack!!
Glad I could be of help. I wish solutions like this were easier to find with a google search.

PresDec

Jul 29, 2019
Try this:
Code:
Code:
just to be safe.

I'd also like to thank you so much! This worked and i'd wasted hours trying to find the right answer!

R

radzalt

Try this:
Code:
Code:
just to be safe.

Same, big thanks for you men!

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You are unhelpful.
That may well be, but it doesn't make it less true.

Just because something can be done doesn't imply that it should be done, and giving support to changes to packs are time demanding - especially if adding a not supported mod.

If someone add a mod to a pack that Isn't supported and it breaks, me pointing that out is in a way helpful.
(implied - "this isn't supported, you might not get a answer on how to solve it)

In this case it looks like the issue at hand could be solved - and that's good for the player that needed it, and the person sharing the information to solve it did a good thing.

But the fact still stands, Optifine isn't supported in FTB packs - and this is tech support part of forum for FTB packs.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
It being supported or not will never stop people on forums for helping each other, only official members from providing support for them or issues that arise from them. Someday you'll understand the difference. You may want to expand your scope and realize that mods in general are not supported by Mojang, yet they allow the discussions without pissy messages in every thread about how they arnt supported. Don't provide unhelpful comments anymore.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
It being supported or not will never stop people on forums for helping each other, only official members from providing support for them or issues that arise from them. Someday you'll understand the difference. You may want to expand your scope and realize that mods in general are not supported by Mojang, yet they allow the discussions without pissy messages in every thread about how they arnt supported. Don't provide unhelpful comments anymore.

This is still a Tech support part of the forum for FTB packs - and FTB doesn't include or support Optifine in their packs.

Just because this is a forum, doesn't mean that anything/everything is supported.

Use a different part of the forum that's not Tech support for packs provided and created by FTB - or find another forum that fits the need - perhaps heading over to Optifine developers and asking them for support would be the better choice.

And the part about Mojang - they do not handle support requests if it's not vanilla content - even if people post it on their bug tracker, check your facts.

There's nothing "pissy" or unhelpful with providing the comment about not being supported.

It's actually you that should take some time to think about how you come across.

The only thing you did in this thread was to come along and wanting to pick a fight with me.

Last edited: