Problem [SF3] Server Timeout on load players base

W

Whazaaaaa

What OS are you running?
Linux
Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft?
Dedicated
What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)
SF3 - 3.0.8
Did you add any mods to the server pack?
Using SpongeForge with multiple plugins
What are your server specs?
Very sure specs are not the problem but something like i7-6700K 64GB RAM 250gb ssd

A good detailed paragraph about the problem
I'm running a SF3 server on version 3.0.8 and I'm having trouble with a players base instantly timing out the server which makes the server seem online but actually its doing nothing and letting nothing happen.

This is now the second time that this has happend to someone's base and im looking to fix this forever. I've looked into the logs but there absolutely nothing to find. Once I tp to the players island the logs emediately stops without any trace of something going wrong.

I was hoping someone else has had this problem aswell and could tell me the solution. I wish I had more information on the problems (logs, etc) but they are just not helpfull for a server that is just timing out.

Any tools I could use to track whats going on?
Any other logs I should look at? (Looked at fml-server-latest.log/latest.log and {dateoflog}.log

Thanks for helping and hopefully someone could help me with this problem.

Cheers,
Whazaaaaa

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Using SpongeForge with multiple plugins

Do you get this issue without using sponge?

Using the launcher that comes with the server-zip-file?

If yes, post logs from that - /logs/fml-server-latest.log and use paste.feed-the-beast.com

If no, or don't wan't to try - go to sponge forums for help.

W

Whazaaaaa

Do you get this issue without using sponge?

Using the launcher that comes with the server-zip-file?

If yes, post logs from that - /logs/fml-server-latest.log and use paste.feed-the-beast.com

If no, or don't wan't to try - go to sponge forums for help.
It somehow got magically fixed. I'm thinking it were the ItemCollectors from RandomThings seeing as after the base didnt timeout the server anymore I did see it was causing a few lagg issues on the server which mostly were item collectors. (These cause lagg then wheres items lying on the ground but they can put them in an inventory)