Solved SF3 Doesn't start after BSOD

M

Megladon

I had my SF3 server running on my local computer as well as the client on my computer when my computer crashed with a BSOD think it was a memory exception error. I am not too worried about the crash but I can't get the server running again, I tried looking at the logs but don't really understand the syntax. If all else fails I will roll back to a previous backup but I will lose quite a lot.

Attached is the server cmd log and the error log.
Specs:
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700
Gtx 1080
16 GB ram

A few things that might be key to the problem:
Code:
[21:38:50] [Server thread/INFO] [Actually Additions]: Successfully received WorldData for world 66!           //World 66 is the beneath I believe
[21:38:50] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftforge.event.world.WorldEvent$Load@26f3c809:
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:815) ~[Gson.class:?]
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:768) ~[Gson.class:?]
        at us.illyohs.itsbecauseuhasnogoodspawn.handler.IslandHandler.loadIslandList(IslandHandler.java:75) ~[IslandHandler.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_902_IslandHandler_loadIslandList_Load.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:90) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
        at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:185) [EventBus.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:263) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:266) [ld.class:?]
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1
        at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:374) ~[JsonReader.class:?]
        at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:183) ~[MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
        at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:145) ~[MapTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.class:?]
        at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:803) ~[Gson.class:?]
        ... 9 more

And this line:
[21:38:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STARTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.

Please reply if you need any further info.
EDIT
SOLUTION:

just copy over save files to a new skyfactory download.

Attachments

• crash-2018-08-12_21.05.57-server.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 84
  • server_log.txt
    267.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
U can try:
1. Download mod pack in diffirent folder and copy saves folders to there.
2. Restore ONLY "world 66" from backup.

In both cases if U have crash, add here NEW crash log

Reactions: Megladon
M

Megladon

SOLVED
Hi thanks for the quick response, I tried looking into the islands.json and ItsBecauseUHasNoGoodSpawn-1.0.5.jar but no luck and error didn't change.
I then just unzipped the skyfactory files I still had and copied over my world save, this solved the problem as I suppose any corrupt files were part of the skyfactory and not part of the save.

I was up late last night so couldn't think about just copying over save files to new install.