[SF3] [Automation guide] Auto Wither

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
So i dont know if there is a right way to do a wither farm in this pack, so i tried and ended up with something and i wanted to share it i suppose.

Items needed: Redstone conduit (11), Item conduits (11), Item conduit speed upgrade (1), Counting Item filter (7), Repeater/Sticky Repeater (1), Sequencer (1), a chest where the soul sand and skulls go (in this case - an ender chest), Mob fan (if you like, with 2 width upgrades) (1), Wither proof materials (in this case - Dark Utilities Wither Dust (double layers at the pit section). Mob grinder from Draconic evolution, Vacuum hopper thingy (just JEI search vacuum) from mob grinding mod.

Main part:
AG9wk7h.png
FhZD4LI.png

Important to set every Auto-Placer to Redstone Mode: Pulse. You can change that by... It tells you when you look at it!
Repeater:
Rw7o6yr.png

@RedstonePaste sticky repeater set to max (4 ticks) delay
Sequencer:
zIEyvyw.png
Timer:
oZWZyTT.png

Can be changed to your preference, but have in mind the time it takes for the wither to move from the block spaces needed to build another one.
Extraction from the chest:
ZhlaPGX.png

(Active when high)
The item conduit speed upgrade makes it so all the thing needed go at once (4soul sand and 3 wither skulls)
Insertion to the Auto-Placers:
aGa4r95.png

It is very important to place Counting Item Filter at all the 7 item conduit that insert items into the Auto-Placers. Not only does it let you set what item can go in, but the quantity that is allowed in the inventory too (in this case it is of course 1)
ZIHoDEM.png

Same as with soul sand, but with skulls (dont look at the priority i have set, i forgot to change it from my previous build (priorities dont matter here))
Side View (so you can actually comprehend this atleast a bit):
37ChzHG.png
Bottom (collecting and filtering the loot):
CugjVJ5.png
And of course, THE INSIDE LOOK:
jQNAAct.png

Ominous, aint it?

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
The only "right" way to do this involves 2 factors:
  1. Does it work?
  2. Did you enjoy the way you built it?
If you can answer yes on both of those, then you did it right! My SF3 wither farm involved only Actually Additions and RFTools. I used the shield generator to capture the wither after it formed and also to kill it. It took a decent bit of energy, but it worked. I like your method's complexity, too.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
The only "right" way to do this involves 2 factors:
  1. Does it work?
  2. Did you enjoy the way you built it?
If you can answer yes on both of those, then you did it right! My SF3 wither farm involved only Actually Additions and RFTools. I used the shield generator to capture the wither after it formed and also to kill it. It took a decent bit of energy, but it worked. I like your method's complexity, too.
Ahhh of course, forgot about the shield generators. I remember watching dire use that method. But ya, i can answer yes to both of those questions AND its more power efficient (which doesnt really matter in this pack *cough* Solars Reborn *cough*).

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Ahhh of course, forgot about the shield generators. I remember watching dire use that method. But ya, i can answer yes to both of those questions AND its more power efficient (which doesnt really matter in this pack *cough* Solars Reborn *cough*).

In a pack where everything is overpowered like SF3, sometimes the real challenge is to try to achieve max efficiency using everything available. That way, when you play a tougher pack later on, you'll have a better idea of what to do and what not to do so that you don't waste resources.

Mystic

Jul 29, 2019
when i reach the point of needing withers i usually cheat myself an enderIO wither spawner at the cost of 1k diamonds... bit unfair but hey it works and no more worries :D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
See, this is brilliant, because I had no idea there was a counting item filter in EnderIO! That's really cool! :)

Does the fan keep the wither far enough away that when it detonates, the placers are unaffected then? What kind of range is needed for that?

Reactions: Elmazz

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
See, this is brilliant, because I had no idea there was a counting item filter in EnderIO! That's really cool! :)

Does the fan keep the wither far enough away that when it detonates, the placers are unaffected then? What kind of range is needed for that?
Wither proof materials (in this case - Dark Utilities Wither Dust (double layers at the pit section). the hallway is 5 blocks long and the fan pushes the wither into the pit where it gets killed with no danger to your equipment.
Pit's floor is 5x5 (same as the hallway). just dont forget to use double lairs (atleast i had to when using wither dust blocks).

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wither proof materials (in this case - Dark Utilities Wither Dust (double layers at the pit section). the hallway is 5 blocks long and the fan pushes the wither into the pit where it gets killed with no danger to your equipment.
Pit's floor is 5x5 (same as the hallway). just dont forget to use double lairs (atleast i had to when using wither dust blocks).
Ah excellent, OK! :) so the fan makes sure the wither ends up in a protected pit, and gravity does the rest. I haven't used the Wither dust for anything yet, but its good to know it works! I was considering using the Dark Utilities vector plates (if that's the name), but I'm wondering if they'd work. Am I right in reading that you need 2 layers to make sure it doesn't blow up? And does that mean the inner layer will need replacing? Or is just having a two-thick floor enough to keep it completely intact?

Reactions: Elmazz

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Ah excellent, OK! :) so the fan makes sure the wither ends up in a protected pit, and gravity does the rest. I haven't used the Wither dust for anything yet, but its good to know it works! I was considering using the Dark Utilities vector plates (if that's the name), but I'm wondering if they'd work. Am I right in reading that you need 2 layers to make sure it doesn't blow up? And does that mean the inner layer will need replacing? Or is just having a two-thick floor enough to keep it completely intact?
The double layer at the pit just makes sure that the blocks outside of the pit dont break (grinder, chest, etc) because with a single layer, explosions from a wither get past the wall..

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame