Setting up new server - Few Questions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

solofrog

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys! Setting up a new server and I had a few questions about some things that I have noticed while beta testing it.

1. I am using Forge Essentials and am trying to implement the permissions for this. Is there a config file for this anywhere that I can edit easier than in game? Also, I did make a group in game and added myself and then added the perms that that group has access to, but when i do /help, I also have access to weird double slash commands like //calc. How or Where can i get rid of these commands or edit the /help file so I can make these looks a bit cleaner.

2. Also any other suggestions with using Forge Essentials?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for managing multiple worlds? Is Mystcraft the best way to do it on a FTB server with no Plugins? Im trying to stay mod side only until Sponge.

Any other suggestions for server maint/running please let me know!

solofrog

Jul 29, 2019
Also another thing i noticed is that the Twilight or other dimensions tends to own my servers in the past... causing players and server crashes. Any suggestions on handling these instances?

Maybe if you have a Med. - Large Server pop and have specific tweaks or mod based fixed, just let me know!

solofrog

Jul 29, 2019
Yes im loving MyTown2 so far... I think this is the way to go for protection with Forge... but Im still confused about my first issue and the // commands that everyone seems to have access to regardless of permissions

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i just made a guide on how to setup FTB server with plugins. its for infinity but it will work with other 1.7.10 mod packs!

you can read about it here: ( Click me )