SetGameDifficulty Reika [Rotarycraft Quest/Chromaticraft Guide][Curse]

U

Unistic

SetGameDifficulty Reika,

(Reika has given permission for the use of his name for this pack)

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/setgamedifficulty-reika

This was once my solo modpack but it had more mods than this release does plus I added 50+ quest (more to be added at a later date) focusing on Rotarycraft. Think of the quests as a simple guide to accomplish a task but not a substitute for the actual Rotarycraft guide book where you will be referred to a few times throughout the quest. The easier quest will help you figure out or even tell you how to run a few machines. But as you progress the quests become simply "craft/use this item". Which then you can refer to the book for that item to gain knowledge and put what you have already learned in the past few quest to good use.

Majority of the mods in this pack have some type of interaction or relation to Rotarycraft.

For example, Tinkers Construct, Pneumaticraft, IC2, Thaumcraft, Myscraft etc. Not to mention Reika's other mods, Chromaticraft, Electricraft, Reactorcraft, Useful TnT, Geostrata, Void Monster, Expanded Restone, Cave Control and Dragon API (of course).

Plus there are a few mods that I like and felt that it would give you something to use your Rotarycraft/Chromaticraft weapons against so Aether II was added. As well as a couple of mods to lessen the grind so there's Mimicry and Advanced Solar Panels cause you will need alot of nether stars for Chromaticraft.

I wanted to do questlines for Reactorcraft and Reika did give me his say so to do so but in the end I think its best for you to read the book and understand the mod entirely and build your own reactors and avoid a copy/paste feel to it. Its an amazing mod and all you have to do is take the time to dig into it.

Next is Chromaticraft, I couldn't make questlines for this cause its not really a questline type of mod. But if you make an Achievement Book. I laid out some tips and hints that you might find helpful atleast until the 4th row. Its nothing special just stuff you would be able to look up online yourself. I can't give anything good away otherwise it'll just defeats the purpose :D

A few goals to strive for: Complete all quest, compact your builds, build the endgame Reactorcraft reactor, and atleast enter the Chromaticraft dimension. Finally view all the in game achievements (press Esc/Achievements) and see can you complete them all now since you've done all the quests.

There's a few changes to be aware of when playing this pack just to increase your dependency on Rotarycraft:

Everything that's disabled has a Rotarycraft alternative just explore a bit:

RF Generation Comes from Rotarycraft ONLY!

Thermal Foundation\Expansion: All weapons/Tools, Dynamos, and Extruder are disabled

Magical Crops: Everything is disabled except mob drop seeds , dye, natural, and dirt seeds.

Enderoi: Disabled items = sterling generator, combustion generator, Dark Armor, Dark Tools, Solar Panels, farming station, enchanter

BuildCraft: Disable buildcraft quarry and all engines

Forestry: all farm blocks are disabled

ComputerCraft: Turtles disabled

AE2: disabled channels, meaning no controller required.

Jabba: diamond dolly disabled

Mimicry: obsidian recipe disabled

Extra Utilities: All generators disabled, Ender quarry, Magnum Torch, Angel Ring, all spikes,

Open Blocks: Auto Enchant Table, Auto Anvil

IC2 = nothing disabled here, I love this mod just as much as rotarycraft, have fun

Ore Generation: Thermal Foundation is the dominate ore, All duplicate ore gen has been disabled outside special ore i.e Uranium from IC2 and Plantium from Electricraft etc. Also Iron spawn rate has been increase to match the overworld vanilla coal generation (you're welcome).

*This was a solo project so I could have missed/overlooked somethings. If you have any valid suggestions please post them.

Official Modlist, have to give credit to all the mod authors who made this modpack possible:

Lastly, I left a section open in the quest book. If you have your own unique quest idea or a great compact setup for Rotarycraft following the small format at the end of the quest line submit it to me and next update you'll see your own personal quest inside the book!

Without further ado, SetGameDifficulty Reika

Note: As Rotarycraft updates I'll continue to adjust,remove, or add quest as needed.

I have 9 slots avaible on my test server if you're interested let me know with curse name, Age 16+, and be friendly/polite.

1.png 2.png 3.png sgdr.png

Last edited:
U

Unistic

No pack code as of yet. Its currently on curse. Will update with pack code, honestly depends on popularity.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
if you don't let somebody try it, i hardly doubt it will gain popularity eho_O

U

Unistic

You're very adamant about that pack code huh? Also I didn't notice that I left the link out to the Curse website which it is updated now. I use to hate the Curse launcher as well but I've grown to love it. Its a great way to talk to everyone on the test server within a group without having to repeat myself and the instant download of resource packs is pretty good. Not to mention the ease of pack creation.

Regardless....I have a few bugs with the quests to fix and a few more quest to add. So after the update I'll put a request in for a pack code and update this thread.

U

Unistic

Update 1.1
Fixed a few quests that wasn't recognized/complete-able
Added Achievement book (Chromaticraft Guide) to quest reward for first quest.
Added Fast Leaf Decay Mod Olafskii

U

Unistic

Looking for some more testers who wants to play on a server. I have 8 slots remaining.

curse name:
age +16:
Friendly/polite.

H

Hedgehog1024

Hello Unistic, I'd like to play on server too.
My Curse name: hedgehog1024 (IGN is the same).
I'm 19 years old, and I promise to be polite.

U

Unistic

Sorry I haven't replied. Been busy with life/marriage. Also there's no longer a server but.... Reika just updated all of his mods so I'm currently redoing the pack since there's a lot of new stuff to learn atleast Chromaticraft wise. So when I update the pack (2 weeks or so) I'll open up a test server. Just be on the look out.

Reactions: Hedgehog1024
U

Unistic

Man, can't believe its been over a year. Life has kept me busy. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Reika's mods are still one of my favorites in all of Minecraft. So I thought I would update my pack again as I try to teach myself the new parts of his mods I missed out on. So feel free to play it if you're inclined. If you have any suggestions please post. I might also add new quests down the line :)

Update 2.0:

Updated DragonAPI to latest version
Updated Electricraft to latest version
Updated Chromaticraft to latest version
Updated Rotarycraft to latest version
Updated Reactorcraft to latest version
Updated UsefulTNT to latest version
Updated VoidMonster to latest version
Updated Expanded Restone to latest version

Removed: Cave Control

Added: Gun Customization by LemADEC
Advanced Rocketry by zmaster587