Server update

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Kefsner

May 17, 2022
Hi!

Since the modpack is new, it would probably get a bunch of updates. There will be a way of updating the server? I mean, I would not want to start a new world at every update.

If there is already a way to do that, I did not find how to.

Thanks in advance!

thanos98

May 19, 2022
Greece
Did you find anything because I am currently in the same situation in want to update the server but every time the world regenerates. I want to keep the progress.

Reactions: Kefsner

gdharron

Jul 29, 2019
BC, Canada
www.gd-ss.ca
Hey guys, I run a few servers and when I do updates for my servers I usually just download the update and let it do a full install then run the server once not on my server pc just to set everything up (yes this will make a new `world` folder but thats okay) then just delete everything in the existing server folder which has the world you want to keep EXCEPT THE WORLD FOLDER! then just copy over the new updated server but leave the new world behind and then boom its done.

If you need more help feel free to dm me or find me on discord for help anytime! :)

Reactions: Kefsner

Kefsner

May 17, 2022
Thank you! I'll try that! :)
Hey guys, I run a few servers and when I do updates for my servers I usually just download the update and let it do a full install then run the server once not on my server pc just to set everything up (yes this will make a new `world` folder but thats okay) then just delete everything in the existing server folder which has the world you want to keep EXCEPT THE WORLD FOLDER! then just copy over the new updated server but leave the new world behind and then boom its done.

If you need more help feel free to dm me or find me on discord for help anytime! :)