Server Update Scripts for Direwolf20 1.16 Pack Mac

NIHKLAS

Jan 21, 2021
I started to host a server for the Direwolf20 1.16 Modpack locally on my Mac. I just wanted to play with a few friends, maybe 3-4 at most so this was more than enough. I already hosted a server for the revelations pack on a Mac before so this wasn't a big challenge. After I realized that the server files in the new FTB-Launcher don't work properly on Mac and googling for that came to the same conclusion, I just made a generous forge server and copied all mods from the client files with the correct config and script folders into the server and it worked like it should. It was running like a charm and we played a little. When I started the server the next time, there was an update for the Pack and I had to manually copy all mod, config, kubejs, etc. files onto the server machine, because I didn't want to look through the changelogs and only copy the changes. But this happened quite often in the last weeks because this is such a new pack and they change quite a bit to make it work. So I made my own little tool to help me update the server automatically. It uses python and bash, and checks for updates, downloads everything, backs up the world folder and so on. This also isn't (yet) optimized to only update the files that need to be updated but deleting every config and mod and reinstalling them works just as well, as long as there are no customized configs of course. I just wanted to share this with you because I saw that a few people host local servers on Mac and they most likely either don't update their game at all after the first install or have to go through the same hassle as me. So if you want to try it for yourself, go the the Github and test it out for yourself. If you have any question or ideas, let me know, maybe I'll change some things around and make newer versions of it.