Server Tool Suggestions?

E

ExiledOn3

Hello all! I am relatively new to modpack creation and deployment community and have a question that hopefully can be answered here.

I had an urge to create a server so I designed a modpack to fit my needs. As I got into the process of deploying my modpack, I realized that I had no way of dealing with any errors save for actually being in-game. Herein lies the problem.

If ever a problem arises that I cannot enter the server, and I have no tools to fix the error, I would lose the entirety of the map and all progress gained. The hope is that there is a tool that can edit/fix such errors without having to be logged into the game to do so. So the question is, which tools can help me in such an occasion?

Keep in mind that I have full physical access to the server and all the data within. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ExiledOne

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If somethign happens and the world won't load, there are a few things you can do. Usually if there is a block causing any issues, the location of the block can be found in the crash report and the block can be removed with MCedit. Forge config file also has a couple of options that delete entities that cause errors when the server is restarted.
The most important thing is to take backups, if something happens and the world can't be saved, you only lose some of your work insted of the whole world.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'll vote for the BACKUP solution. Use some utility to do regular scheduled backups. My servers are backed up every 6 hours. While I will use MCEDIT if the crash report does identify a specific block backups are my primary if all else fails I can always restore from backup and only use a few hours work.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Aroma backup is good, FTB Utilities does great and comes with lots of other things, assuming you are running a Forge server.