Problem Server still running behind by 50-100 ticks with Mob lag

Goderd345

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running 1.5.3 FTB Beyond and even when I'm playing by myself in the server I get lag which makes movement difficult. Nothing is smooth

rem can be changed by user
set MIN_RAM=5120M
set MAX_RAM=5120M
set JAVA_PARAMETERS=-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M -XX:+UseStringDeduplication

I could really use some help on this and will respond instantly if you need anything else?

A

abeeson

hey mate, i know this is late, but we had a similar problem on our Beyond host, some things that i would try:
1. Upgrade to 1.8.x if possible
2. Install TickProfiler and use that to profile your world to find lag causing objects
3. Action based on what TickProfiler tells you.

We had a horse problem at one point (our main bases were in teh plains so we had tonnes of horses around) but they were still only causing 5-10ms of lag, each tick needs 50ms max to stay within the 20 Ticks per second count, we had some other blocks causing lag that tickprofiler pointed out for us.

Are you sure its server lag? Are you getting "server is overloaded" messages on teh console? I had a graphical lag issue caused by using a bunch of tanks with enderIO pipes, when i set them all the in/out the fluid kept rebalancing between them all, my FPS was ok, and my TPS was fine on the server, but my client was very stuttery, turns out it was GPU lag caused by that liquid, switching to a single in/out drum fixed it.

Hope this helps.