Server start.bat NOT working for all users. (Fix provided)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyDagger

Jul 29, 2019
So recently It has came to my attention that not all server owners are able to use the server start.bat that FTB provides for the server download versions of the packs. I my self was fine but some friends I have have had issues.

The issue is created by java versions, Most people with an issue will just see a cmd prompt flash and then disappear really quickly with out even being able to read it. quite annoying in fact.

Below is a more complicated start up script that Handles a wider area of java versions and will start the server regardless of the version installed.

Code:
@ECHO OFF
:CHECK
:: Determines Java Location. 
if exist "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" GOTO EXECUTE1

if exist "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" GOTO EXECUTE2

if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" GOTO EXECUTE3

if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" GOTO EXECUTE4

else GOTO EXECUTE5

:: Executes CraftBukkit based on Java Location

:EXECUTE1
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0JARNAME.jar" nogui   
:EXECUTE2
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0JARNAME.jar" nogui
:EXECUTE3
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0JARNAME.jar" nogui
:EXECUTE4
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc-Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0JARNAME.jar" nogui
:EXECUTE5
java -Xincgc-Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0JARNAME.jar" nogui
PAUSE

In the above code ( the bat file) you will need to replace JARNAME with the modpacks jar file name ( This being its own name for each pack is a whole other issue and point of frustration for me but this is not the place for that. )

So can we please have this handed out with the server files instead of the crap one version wonder we have now?

Please note I take no credit for the above code I merely found it when using Google. It has helped me a ton over the last 2 years so I decided to share.

EDIT----------------------------------------
I have updated the start lines to include nogui as bukkitforge warns against it. if you need it still just remove the nogui from the end of each line

Reactions: Nessiroj
Status
Not open for further replies.