server question: spawning items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectBlue

Jul 29, 2019
i was trying to work on a project, where i was in the need of unlimited items, the specifics werent really important, but the point is, is there any way to perhaps /give a turtle items, so it could take the items, dump them in a chest, then input a redstone signal to a command block and repeat the process, it doesnt have to be a turtle, i am just looking for a way to constantly keep an inventory stocked with an item that is not necessarily renewable, without having to constantly refill the item myself, any help would be much appreciated :)

EchoEcho

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean have the command block spawn in items to be used, then:
I am not entirely sure how the command block works, but assuming that it can spawn in items into the turtle's inventory (or even just on the ground near it) then yes, this is completely possible and relatively simple (that is to say, if I understand your question completely)
is that what you meant?

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
Actually sadly it is not possible.

While yes the turtle does act as a fake player. Its inventory cannot be called by the server console. Yer best and only hope is to just spawn a massive butt load of items and give it to the turtle as it needs em.

EchoEcho

Jul 29, 2019
if the command block can spawn items around it (which, like i said, I'm not sure if it can), then why wouldn't RP transposers work?

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
The command block can only be used to give a "player" an item using /give playersname itemid amount it needs a player to do so. It can't give items then drop them on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.