server protection

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Hey,

i wanna install a protection plugin for my mindcrack 8.2 with mcpc+ server.

Would u recommend to use worldguard with LWC or just CoreProtect.

The players wont be able to protect it by them self. But they should have a way to trust a friend by their own.
The advanced Chests should be also protected.

How are u managing this on your server ?

xSeaBiscuit

Jul 29, 2019
GriefPreventions a great one just grab the NEI block ids and it takes about 25 mins to configure it right but you can ultimatly make a perfect greif protection. I have a config already done but its for the DW20 pack.

Kasslloyd

Jul 29, 2019
GriefPreventions a great one just grab the NEI block ids and it takes about 25 mins to configure it right but you can ultimatly make a perfect greif protection. I have a config already done but its for the DW20 pack.

Could you post that config? ;-)

pherce

Jul 29, 2019
Without a doubt, grief prevention is the laggiest block protection plugin out there. If you are only running a 10man server then you will probably never notice it.

However, if you ever get to the realm of 100+ players, the recursive checks will cripple your server. Stay clear of anything coded by BigScary. Towny will work just fine for you (but it is harder to learn).

Kasslloyd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm familiar with like bukket greif protections, having ran a bukket server for quite some time. But I know nothing about how to setup grief stuff for FTB.. ;-\ Is there links to these mods?

xSeaBiscuit

Jul 29, 2019
Alright you may need to do some more configuring if your using the mindcrack pack but most stuff should be the same. I also went by and noted everything I did which isnt much lol :) but anyways here it is I also found this. Its a antigrief plugin but with alot of things its MCMMo + Factions + Towny. You can give it a try but I haven't tried it yet. Heres the pastebin of my config - http://pastebin.com/hjF5vuXK
Saga link - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/saga/
Finally im not sure if you got this but here the GriefPrevention link - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/grief-prevention/

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
do u have multiworld plugin for saga ?
or is saga managing this for u ?
if u have how is it called ?

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used MyTown yet? Is it easy to use?

Currently using GriefPrevention but its not protecting everything and people are still getting griefed. My server is still small with about 62 players playing in it so I would like to solve the problem before my server starts getting bigger.

A example is Barrels aren't protected as anyone can take items from it. I even have LWC if that matters.

xSeaBiscuit

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone used MyTown yet? Is it easy to use?

Currently using GriefPrevention but its not protecting everything and people are still getting griefed. My server is still small with about 62 players playing in it so I would like to solve the problem before my server starts getting bigger.

A example is Barrels aren't protected as anyone can take items from it. I even have LWC if that matters.
It should work fine haven't tried it but its built for the Mindcrack pack quote from op, "Tight protection
Protects against most mod world changing items like IC mininglaser, BC quarrys, TC excavationwand etc. Tailored for FTB MindCrack modpack." Your only problem is you are forced to use PermissionsEX. Its an amazing permissions plugin but its built against bukkit when bukkits already built against Forge so its a little messy in bugs.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
use the config file of grief prevention ....

and prism works to see who took the items of the barrels

Baron

Jul 29, 2019
use the config file of grief prevention ....

and prism works to see who took the items of the barrels
Nope. Like I said before it doesn't protect everything. People still find ways to bypass it. Seeing who took something from barrels doesn't help, I rather stop it then let it happen.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
ok...
Im just running a small server and we dont have a anti grief plugin. (greylist)
maybe u check out some big servers like craftau and ask an admin how they manage it