Server Promotion Section Granularity (??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be reasonable to give finer granularity to the Server Promotion section?

Currently (top to bottom) we have

Ultimate
Mindcrack
Direwolf20
MagicWorld
Universal Electricity Pack
Others

I don't suggest breaking the Forum but instead creating the sections at the same level:

Ultimate
Unleashed
Unhinged
Mindcrack
Direwolf20
YogCraft
MagicWorld
TechWorld
Retro
Universal Electricity Pack
Others (keep around for posterity, but expire articles or allow them to be moved by users?)
NewWorld
Ampz
Voxel
MagicFarm
Brony
RPG Immersion

systemv

Jul 29, 2019
What do you propose"redone" looks like? I agree it should be altered, but don't know what is the best hierarchy to use.

Leavetheweak

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with systemv. I only play Unleashed and it should be a category.
I dont know if we need all of those, but im sure there are people out there that play those packs and want an easy way to find a server just for them.

To Lawbroken: What if the style was changed so you had to select what pack and then you chose the Whitelist, Greylist, or open?

To me that seems like it would open it up.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
What do you propose"redone" looks like? I agree it should be altered, but don't know what is the best hierarchy to use.
We need a server website/addon for this one where it will show you just servers. It was spoken about ages ago but ftb has been to busy to get back to the idea

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
We need a server website/addon for this one where it will show you just servers. It was spoken about ages ago but ftb has been to busy to get back to the idea
Broadest organizations to most specific (1.4.7, 1.5.2, future 1.6.4 to the pack to the version number)

:p

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Since we finished the new site we've been working on a new server listing website, we hope it will be live soon (also, forum retheme coming soon(tm))

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Since we finished the new site we've been working on a new server listing website, we hope it will be live soon (also, forum retheme coming soon(tm))

forum retheme, yay, got to work on the wiki skin then.

EDIT: want dev preview :p

Status
Not open for further replies.