Server Ports

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PontiacGTP99

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm so completely lost here I can't even believe it. I am trying to make a server. I know I've done everything right but for some reason, this completely baffles me, I can't get the port I need open. I DO EVERYTHING in my router settings correct but when I use an "open port check tool" it says it still remains closed. I can log on and see my server but none of my friends can? What AM I DOING WRONG! Someone PLEASEEEEEE help me

DaWhiskers

Jul 29, 2019
When using the "open port check tool" you do have the server running I assume?

Even with the port open, if there isnt something for the tool to connect to, it will not report as open.

zekesonxx

Jul 29, 2019
How port forwarding works is when your external IP (eIP) gets a request on port X (pX) the router forwards that request to your computer on the internal network.

How the port-forwarding check tool works is it will ping your eIP on port pX. If it responds, meaning it got to a server, it will return true. Else false.