Server Performance optimization

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

Recently had to move my server to a new computer and since it got a bit lees ram i am asking for any advice on how to make the server as smooth as possible.

The server computer got a quad core inte q6600 at 2.4 Ghz and 3 gig of ddr2 ram and i am running advanced systemcares boost mode on it constantly.

right now i am using this command line, which i found here on the forums, to start the server

Code:
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx3G -Xms2G -Xmn1G -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp ftbserver.jar -jar ftbserver.jar nogui

so is there anything i can do too improve the performance even more? Thankful for all help. :)

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
What OS is it running and that Advanced SystemCares Boost mode is likely just rubbish, or settings that you already have and it provides a stupid interface.

Gamewolf

Jul 29, 2019
Install tick threading, minecraft runs on only 1-2 cores, tickthreading makes all the cores equal.

https://github.com/nallar/TickThreading
https://github.com/nallar/TickThreading/blob/master/INSTALL.md

I'm working on installing this now, my server is hosted by sharkhost so its not as easy to install but your server is right next to you.

Ok, i'll give that a try. Any other changes i need to do for it to work?

What OS is it running and that Advanced SystemCares Boost mode is likely just rubbish, or settings that you already have and it provides a stupid interface.

It's running windows 7 home premium, is there anything else i should be using instead? Might be that the advanced systemcare doesn't do that much but it also got the same features like say ccleaner and it gives me a samm and easy cpu and ram usage overview that i like.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If your comfortable with doing things via command line, a lighter weight OS like Ubuntu Server would be good. If your not comfortable with that yet, Ubuntu Desktop might be good.

If you plan to stay on Windows 7, I suggest using CCleaner, perhaps on a monthly basis. If it has a normal hard drive rather than a solid state drive, I would suggest defragmenting once, but not again, Windows 7 and later sort of does it automatically in the background.

As for those overviews, I suggest just using task manager and going to the performance tab.