server package for 4-8 people

andreosas

Jul 29, 2019
hello im looking to setup a server for a few of my friends and i was wondering what website to hire a server from. Is creeper host the way to and if so which plan should i pick. Keep in mind that all of us will have seperate lategame bases rather fast. My budget is around 20 euros top but prefer a tad bit cheaper.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If your all going straight for late game content then you need a bigger budget. Also, how technically competent are you and how much spare time do you have?

Something like Creeperhost is push a button to setup, but a good dedicated or VPS box like OVH or Ramnode is much better in terms of performance.

andreosas

Jul 29, 2019
im fairly competent with computer and software but servers are new to me but if i get a good guide i probably wont have any problems.
spare time is neither a problem.

what host would you recomend and what proce point will i land on?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest RamNode.

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=13

I would personally suggest starting with 2 gigs of memory. The code LEB35 should get you a 35% discount on the server so it will be around 20 dollars a month. If you encounter performance issues or start running out of memory, increase it to 4 gigs.

andreosas

Jul 29, 2019
after looking at ramnode for a short while i noticed that it was located in seattle, will this be a problem if im located in eu (sweden)

otherwise it looked great.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Oops, sorry. When I was looking for the package that would best suit you, I picked Seattle for the location. They also have servers in Atlanta and Netherlands.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, your prices get stupid the more memory someone asks for. Also, there is no upgrade asides from more memory for paying more.

Your post also counts as advertising which is not allowed. Any host that allows FTP access "fully supports" FTB and MCPC+.

Edit: LOL, nice generic template host website. Let me guess, some misguided kid thinking he can make a quick buck during summer end by selling servers that cost him 2/3 what he paid.

infizl

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, your prices get stupid the more memory someone asks for. Also, there is no upgrade asides from more memory for paying more.

Your post also counts as advertising which is not allowed. Any host that allows FTP access "fully supports" FTB and MCPC+.

this part "Your post also counts as advertising which is not allowed. Any host that allows FTP access "fully supports" FTB and MCPC+."

is not true i have seen many hosts that support ftb but cannot get mcpc to work with their servers. second the prices are being changed we just havnt updated them today because it was a weekend yesterday and havnt had time. 3rd there are more options just havnt finished the new website also im not advertising im giving him a option he can choose us or he can choose someone else i could care less[DOUBLEPOST=1379384624][/DOUBLEPOST]and as a fyi i dont not get paid through the servers i work for someone but i have another job i do this for fun and all the profit made from the servers is to expand them not to go into our pocket but nice way of thinking your smart and being an asshole

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't change the fact that your post still counted as advertising.

Also, MCPC+ will run on any server that the vanilla jar would. Just have to change the name of the jar.

Also, if your website and prices aren't finalized, they shouldn't be public. Didn't anybody teach you that you don't put unfinished shit in production unless your getting paid extra to do it?

If I was being an asshole, there would be more cuss words and general hate towards hosts that don't know what the hell they are doing. I am just pointing out that your post was rule breaking and that your "upsides" weren't really true.