Server Owners Assemble! a Fix or better solution needs to exist!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Doesnt this hack suck so much?

• Total voters

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with time intervals is, that the Hack can give you Creative for milli-secounds, cheat the item and go back, thats why we need the specific EventHandler for going into Creative.

Or just do what I originally said and edit the server side version of the mod that is causing it.

AtroCty

Jul 29, 2019
So people still can join without the Server-side NEI, the admins just can't use Creative+-Mode effectively, am I right ?

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny how you're trying to act against this and you're running a cracked server..

AtroCty

Jul 29, 2019
Who're you referring to?

Anyway, if anyone want to know my solution for this:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/nocreativepvp/

Whenever I ban a player I run a Batch script, which also adds their IP to my firewall and prevents their false-join packet (impossible to stay after)

Managed to ban 7 players with this method.

Last edited:

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny how you're trying to act against this and you're running a cracked server..

Your Logic: I run a cracked server, So i cant try to Act against a hack that hurts servers cracked/or not.
Sorry but your logic is False. This hack works just as well on premium servers. Im a premium player. there is nothing wrong with running a cracked server or trying to get owners to contribute to a fix.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Cracked revere are officially supported by minecrqft, it's how minecraft grows, kids get cracked try it out then buy it. It has helped minecraft grow a lot possibly it's success early on when people were hesitant of buying it because it may be bad. That's why people like cracked servers. And mojang is just fine with that as evidence in the server.properties that is where you can disable offline mode.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Offline mode is not for public servers. Its for if your running a Lan/private server and don't have access to connect to the authentication servers. Look at the "One Major Rule" on https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula. One thing when you put a server in offline mode and the fact you can download the server without buying the game and that if the owner of the server has bought minecraft they have not violated any ToS, but the clients might be which is where the problem is. So by turning your server authentication off then your giving people who have not (and have) bought the game access to something which they did not pay for.

Now talking about how it has helped Mojang is a different thing entirely because that is not a legal question.

Either way both discussions are outside the scope of this topic.

Reactions: Connor Gavitt

Dazedndconfused

Jul 29, 2019
The NEI Creative Hack was made by the lovely fellows at smashercraft (tekkit classic). If you google smashercraft and go to their website they put up a fix to the hack itself. Im not entirely sure that it will still work in later versions of NEI, but its still the basic concept.