Server Lag for Only Me

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ALMesssenger

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Server Lag for Only Me
Launcher Version:
Latest Launcher Version
Modpack:
Direwolf
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
We have a server that Shockbyte is running for us. I have one other friend who joins me, right now, on this server. When she gets on the server and plays she has no issues or problems. When I get on, it will start to look good for the first 2 or 3 minutes. After that either the games FPS drops to 0 and crashes, or wildly jumps between 0 and 35, or so. The Chunk updating goes all over the place in the same way as well. When I get on another server, identical in the making as the one I have an issue with, we don't have a single problem at all. It's perfect. Any advice or something that could help with this situation???

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Do you share a base? if not does the other person get lag when near your base?

ALMesssenger

Jul 29, 2019
Well we don't have a "base" just yet. We moved on top of an extreme hill to get our stuff started up so we can get ready to move into our base we are getting ready to take over. When I'm there I lag, with everything I described. When my friend gets up there, with me, she has 0 issues. I don't want to think it's because of how much RAM because my friend isn't having any issues.

ALMesssenger

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to update your server as that version of the pack is old.
I thought about that, but that would mess up the recording server I'm doing with my other friend, whose world is the EXACT same in modpacks and everything else. Only difference is he has more memory in his server than the one I'm helping make. Could it be a memory thing???

Bdogs1

Jul 29, 2019
If it was a server memory thing, your friend would probably have the same problem.. sense its only happening to you its a client thing

ALMesssenger

Jul 29, 2019
I am using the 1.7 one, but using version 1.0.3

I reinstalled the game and put it in my appdata/roaming folder and created an FTB folder and everything is working wonderfully. Thanks for everyone's help!!! d-^_^-b