Server keeps on crashing

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
G

Gunstone

Title Server keeps on crashing

Launcher Type

Modpack Direwolf20

Modpack version Pack Version - 1.8.1 MC Version - 1.10.2

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/5541b5ce

Details of the issue Hello! I've had this server with the modpack on for a few months now, but for some reason I've started to get crashes everytime I open the server, I can't use it anymore. I get this crash report ^^. But I just can't seem to figure out whats going on (I've also tried the same map in singleplayer.. still the get same crash/crash report)... I hope someone can help! Thanks!

C

ChazzyWhazzy

Whaddaup Gumstone,
I've seen more errors pop-up on the forums recently including concurrency faults. quick question, did you update java/Change host?

I've had this problem at one of the servers. an easy fix was to downgrade java ( to 8u31 in my case ).
Maybe this might work for you as wel.
Please let met know if it helped. good luck :)

G

Gunstone

Whaddaup Gumstone,
I've seen more errors pop-up on the forums recently including concurrency faults. quick question, did you update java/Change host?

I've had this problem at one of the servers. an easy fix was to downgrade java ( to 8u31 in my case ).
Maybe this might work for you as wel.
Please let met know if it helped. good luck :)
Nope, haven't updated Java or server recently. And yeah, I've also seen stuff about errors whilst searching for a fix, but no one has one sadly.

G

Gunstone

Remove optifine and try again.

If it still fails, please post full log - instructions for that can be found here:
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/faq/
I have removed Optifine and I still got the crashes... I've tried to link the full log, but it wont let me send links for some reason...

---Edit. Btw, whenever the "crash" happens the server goes down so on my screen I get kicked with the message "Server Closed"

C

ChazzyWhazzy

Nope, haven't updated Java or server recently. And yeah, I've also seen stuff about errors whilst searching for a fix, but no one has one sadly.

I had this problem myself. I downgraded to java 8u31 on the server and that fixed it for me. let me know if this also works for you.

G

Gunstone

I had this problem myself. I downgraded to java 8u31 on the server and that fixed it for me. let me know if this also works for you.
The server is already on Java 8, if that's what you mean. I could also try to get that version on my system too.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I have removed Optifine and I still got the crashes... I've tried to link the full log, but it wont let me send links for some reason...

Without full logs it's just a guessing game, so figure out the posting of log - it works for everyone else - so you should be able to post links as well.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
---Edit. Btw, whenever the "crash" happens the server goes down so on my screen I get kicked with the message "Server Closed"

We need the server log that includes the crash to be able to debug, not the client log :)

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Looks like a problem with dimension 6, if that world ever worked correctly you could try restoring a back up of it. Alternative solutions involve using an NBT editor to move your player back to the overworld and then just avoiding that dimension.

G

Gunstone

Looks like a problem with dimension 6, if that world ever worked correctly you could try restoring a back up of it. Alternative solutions involve using an NBT editor to move your player back to the overworld and then just avoiding that dimension.
I'm not even sure what "Dimension 6" is. I've never been there and don't know how that's a thing... When I join the server I'm in the overworld then it crashes.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Oops, my bad, must have had a brainfart when I read the log, you're right it's the overworld, previous advice still applies though. Assuming you are exploring and this is world gen related you can edit your player dat to set your location back at home with an nbt editor, or restore a backup of the world.

G

Gunstone

Oops, my bad, must have had a brainfart when I read the log, you're right it's the overworld, previous advice still applies though. Assuming you are exploring and this is world gen related you can edit your player dat to set your location back at home with an nbt editor, or restore a backup of the world.
The weird thing is, I'm already at home and I haven't gone out to load new chunks recenty, but I'll go have a look if I can find a backup that's not too old.