Server keeps crashing! :*(

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jordan279

Jul 29, 2019
The server keeps crashing randomly please can someone help? the crash log:

2014-04-15 10:54:10 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.cacheRoutes(ConduitItem.java:575)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.bounceItem(TravelingItem.java:131)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.tickForward(TravelingItem.java:71)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.tickItems(ConduitItem.java:211)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.doOutput(ConduitItem.java:104)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.GridItem.doGridUpdate(GridItem.java:67)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:75)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
termal epansion related. you probably figured that out. a item conduit. wait for latest update to be recommended. or just update manually to latest version

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Jordan279,

Hello who is hosting the server?

Have you tried to re install the server mobpack!

How much ram have you allocated to the server!

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
The server keeps crashing randomly please can someone help? the crash log:

2014-04-15 10:54:10 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.cacheRoutes(ConduitItem.java:575)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.bounceItem(TravelingItem.java:131)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.tickForward(TravelingItem.java:71)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.tickItems(ConduitItem.java:211)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.doOutput(ConduitItem.java:104)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.GridItem.doGridUpdate(GridItem.java:67)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:75)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
That is the error in your server.log post the entire server.log or the crash report is preferred.

Jordan279

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help but we moved to FTB monster ^^, a friend hosts it on a computer he has, 6gb of ram allocated :)

Redruzerkruzer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for saying exactly what i said conner.. Big help.

As for the crash, it seems like a bad tick to me. Should not be constantly crashing the server. Though it is outside my experience range so that is all i can suggest.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the same error on my server.

Here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/ziQMskqU
Try starting the server with just these arguments and no others-

-Xms10240M -Xmx10240M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

As @HaoSs stated this is most likely a issue with a item, setup, or system somebody made with thermal expansion.

I'm just assuming that you are using a 1.6 modpack you never said what modpacks this is, what version, or if you added any extra mods. If this continues to happen after you change the startup arguments let us know.
Thanks for saying exactly what i said conner.. Big help.

As for the crash, it seems like a bad tick to me. Should not be constantly crashing the server. Though it is outside my experience range so that is all i can suggest.
connor*
I didn't repeat exactly as you said, I modified it to be more specific, ex that isn't the full report just a error in it and we will need the crash report or the full log. As you just said paste the full log, many new users to this forum may not know that it isn't the whole log as it contains everything that seems to be important to them.

No offense to @Jordan279 but many new people here in general don't know what to do when the server goes down. Not even me or anyone else helping out we just have a lot of experience in it.

@Mastergalen you will get more help if you make your own thread, posting on somebody else's threading saying you have the exact same error when get your post noticed as much.