Server is crashing and will not restart. help please

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i have a DW20 server and it has been running fine for a few days now it will always crash and not restart.

>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Current Thread: process reaper
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] PID: 15 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: TIMED_WAITING | Blocked Time: -1 | Blocked Count: 0
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Stack:
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:226)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.awaitFulfill(SynchronousQueue.java:460)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.transfer(SynchronousQueue.java:359)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue.poll(SynchronousQueue.java:942)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1043)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1103)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] ------------------------------
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Current Thread: Snooper Timer
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] PID: 12 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: TIMED_WAITING | Blocked Time: -1 | Blocked Count: 1
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:552)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Current Thread: Thread-1
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] PID: 10 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: RUNNABLE | Blocked Time: -1 | Blocked Count: 66
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Thread is waiting on monitor(s):
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Locked on:java.util.logging.StreamHandler.publish(StreamHandler.java:196)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.util.ShortConsoleLogFormatter.format(ShortConsoleLogFormatter.java:49)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.logging.StreamHandler.publish(StreamHandler.java:196)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.publish(ConsoleHandler.java:105)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLRelaunchLog$ConsoleLogThread.run(FMLRelaunchLog.java:84)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] Current Thread: Signal Dispatcher
>13:03:42 [SEVERE] PID: 5 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: RUNNABLE | Blocked Time: -1 | Blocked Count: 0
>13:03:42 [INFO] Startup script './start.sh' does not exist! Stopping server.
>13:03:42 [INFO] Stopping server
>13:03:42 [INFO] [EssentialsAntiBuild] Disabling EssentialsAntiBuild v2.12.2
Fri Dec 27 13:05:16 CET 2013
Server is stopped.

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
OK i think i have a corrupt chunk, i have no idea what block is causing it to crash , is there a way to find out?
I'm going to use MC edit to Regen it but i also noticed for me and other players on the server a lot of chunks won't load and just remain black.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
OK i think i have a corrupt chunk, i have no idea what block is causing it to crash , is there a way to find out?
I'm going to use MC edit to Regen it but i also noticed for me and other players on the server a lot of chunks won't load and just remain black.

If you do have a corrupt world, load up the problem region files in MCedit then go to the MCEdit menu -> World Info -> Repair regions. Has worked wonders for me in the past.

A corrupt chunk is normally diagnosed when you see an area in the world (usually 16x16) where the server will not allow you to place or break blocks (placed blocks instantly disappear). Other times a crash will occur and the crash report should make it obvious that corrupt regions are to blame. This is fairly rare though, in FTB crashes are much more commonly caused by mods breaking when chunks containing a certain player's build are loaded.

If players are just falling into void (black screen) this means that their client is just waiting for map information from the server. If only one or two players are seeing this behaviour, then it is possible that the server was running fine until they teleported / logged on / walked to a site where the problem lies. When the server loaded the chunks where they just teleported / logged on, the crash may have occurred, abruptly interrupting the map information the server was sending to the client, resulting in the player falling into the void. If a player sees that the server is online in their multiplayer menu, then log on and fall into the void, then discover the server is no longer online, this is strong evidence that the server was working fine until it loaded a chunk nearby to that player.

The report you are seeing here is just MCPC+ compaining that the server thread has not responded for 60 seconds, so it doesn't really provide that much useful information. If you have files in your server's "crash-reports" folder, these will be much more helpful in diagnosing the problem. Please include these and also your full server.log using pastebin.com.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info, I'm at work but when I get in I will upload logs. I have since fixed the chunks not loading issue but my server just intermittently crashes. I have manged to figure out what chunk is doing it but I can't figure out how to find the corrupt region in my map folder.Is there anyway to know what block is cacaused this as my admins report further crashes and we have no idea as what it is so we can blacklist it.

mike546378

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info, I'm at work but when I get in I will upload logs. I have since fixed the chunks not loading issue but my server just intermittently crashes. I have manged to figure out what chunk is doing it but I can't figure out how to find the corrupt region in my map folder.Is there anyway to know what block is cacaused this as my admins report further crashes and we have no idea as what it is so we can blacklist it.
You can use this tool to find what region file the corrupt chunk is in: http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/
The crash-report should tell you the blocks id and data value that is causing this along with its exact location in the world

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
IS THIS WHAT I SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON? it is on my most recent log just b4 the crash

http://pastebin.com/WwPUR8t7

You can use this tool to find what region file the corrupt chunk is in: http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/
The crash-report should tell you the blocks id and data value that is causing this along with its exact location in the world

sorry to sound like a noob, do i just go to that link type in the region that is infected and it will tell me what region file i need to delete?

Last edited:

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xhdz563dacvfha4/crash-reports.rar
here is a link to my crash reports all dated 28/12/2013 if anyone wants to look at them.
Probably nobody is going to download that expressively since it is a .rar
IS THIS WHAT I SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON? it is on my most recent log just b4 the crash

http://pastebin.com/WwPUR8t7

sorry to sound like a noob, do i just go to that link type in the region that is infected and it will tell me what region file i need to delete?
That is the crash report not the logs, but that's just what we need. It seems that a energy conduit or thermal expansion item is corrupted or that mcpc may be messing with the mod, try starting without mcpc if that doesn't work try without thermal expansion however starting without German expansion wille delete all thermal expansion items.

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, going to try restart without TE then without MCPC. how would i fix MCPC? or do i just have to run a server without bukkit plugins?

grrrrrr I have tried everything now and it has been 2 long days, i have no idea what to do now.
I have updated to latest ver of mcpc+ and now it won't launch, i have removed TE mod the only thing that is going to get my server online is a new map and i fear the same error will occur giving enough time. I relay don't want my server to go down as i have been getting a lot of good feedback and players genuinely enjoy playing on it,.

If anyone could find out what exactly i must do as i have run out of ideas.

latest crash log 2:42 29/12/2013
http://pastebin.com/S2FfMjev

Last edited:

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for giving us all your crash reports. It seems this problem with Thermal Expansion was reported to King Lemming here
https://code.google.com/p/thermalexpansion/issues/detail?id=557

He said the problem was that the person who reported the crash wasn't using the latest version of Thermal Expansion. You and the person who made that bug report are both using Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.b10a, so it may be a good idea to update. See if the latest version of the DW20 pack has an updated version of Thermal Expansion, and if not, add the latest version manually (if you do this manually your players will need to as well). The version which comes with FTB Monster is 3.0.0.b11b, so I assume this is the latest.

This problem does not appear to be related to MCPC+ at all, so you should be able to continue running plugins no problem. However, you should stick to MCPC+ build number 181. This is the latest recommended build and uses Forge version 953. The builds above 184 use a newer version of Forge, and this could potentially cause problems with some mods.

Updating your Thermal Expansion should prevent this from happening in the future, but it does not guarantee that your existing problems will be fixed. If crashes persist after update, backup the map, remove Thermal Expansion from your mods folder, boot the server, explore around the areas which used to cause crashes (everyone's base if needbe), then restart the server with Thermal Expansion re-enabled. This will forcibly remove all TE blocks in the chunks that you explored with TE disabled.

Let us know how you get on.

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks very much Francis, The map loaded up with no problem once TE was removed. I have just advised my players that TE has to stay removed to we can find out what blocks are bugged so i can ban them and not the whole mod. Where would i find an updated version of TE? As I'm just using the one that comes when you download the server pack.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks very much Francis, The map loaded up with no problem once TE was removed. I have just advised my players that TE has to stay removed to we can find out what blocks are bugged so i can ban them and not the whole mod. Where would i find an updated version of TE? As I'm just using the one that comes when you download the server pack.

The recommended version of DW20 pack is currently 1.0.7, you could try using the latest version which is 1.0.8 and see if that comes with the later version. Otherwise, just grab the one from the Monster pack. I'm not sure how version 3.0.0.0 from the official Thermal Expansion download compares to the FTB versions.

chris87

Jul 29, 2019
Since taking down the TE mod and reinstalling it all seems fine to now so i think we found a fix. However i have banned all TE conduit pipes and item duct just to we can be sure of the exact cause.

16:51 Server crashed with same error. I have decided to remove TE completely to we get a better version released.

Last edited: