Server Hosting

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Seechay

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone recommend a server host with a decent reputation, it doesn't have to be minecraft specific. I'm just tired of all of my hosts crapping out and having problems. Also it's going to be a fairly small server with probably a max of 10 people online at once. What are the requirements to run FTB with that many people?

darkrising

Jul 29, 2019
I run a 25 slot server with 5 gb of ram, if you turn chunk loader blocks off and stop mystcraft age creation you could probably do fine with 2 - 3 gb of ram, I've used quite a lot of server hosts before but creeper host are my favorite because they in a sense give you a vps, its nice having that much more power.

Seechay

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like 5gb is quite a lot for a 25 slot server o.o have you ever tried lowering the amount of RAM? Also thanks for your info.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
When I first installed FTB on a 6 slot server I was running it with 312mb of RAM, but I really would not recommend this, it ran until we discovered the power of Mystcraft, just created a couple of ages and the server collapsed. Realisitically you want to be looking towards the 1gb mark, as darkrising said though turning off Mystcraft age creation and chunk loaders and you may be just about able to run this on half a gig.

You are probably best going with the most amount of RAM you can afford.

MadMan5465

Jul 29, 2019
On the website " http://minecrafted.net/ " you can buy a custom jar (FTB) server with a capacity of 20 players for 8 Dollars a month

• $8mo.
    • 1-20 Players
    • 1GB Memory
    • 2GB SSD Storage
    • 1Gbps Network
    • Upload Your Custom JAR
    • Instant Setup

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
um has anyone else noticed that this minecrafted.net costs 1000 dollars to set up? its cheap after that

Xerloq

Jul 29, 2019
I've had Minecrafted.net for about 3 months. The servers are great, but they are heavily a DIY host. Great if you know what your doing, not for noobs, really.

The $1000 sign up fee is just to get people to read the TOS and recognize they don't do refunds.

I grabbed a 2gb Custom server, and have been happy.