Server Hosting (Western US/Can)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kingler

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't think of anything else fitting.

I'm looking to start an FTB server in the next few days, likely Unleashed, and I'm looking for a good server host. There'll be less than 10 players, and I don't expect to see more than 5 on at once during peak hours. I want something with the best combination of value/specs/uptime/support/etc.

I've managed to find a few hosts that are very well priced, but all of them have had their servers located far away from me (Vancouver, BC). I have managed to find a few in Seattle or nearby, but they don't look that great, so I was hoping for some recommendations. Any of you guys know of good hosts near me?

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
I use creeperhost, I have had servers on other hosts before, but this was by far the easiest to setup and update the server with FTB packs, which was a huge bonus for me because it cuts down on lots of server admin time to allow you to enjoy playing on the server more. They are reasonable with costs but its likely you can find cheaper, I personally think creeperhost is the best all round host available at the moment.

Kingler

Jul 29, 2019
I use creeperhost, I have had servers on other hosts before, but this was by far the easiest to setup and update the server with FTB packs, which was a huge bonus for me because it cuts down on lots of server admin time to allow you to enjoy playing on the server more. They are reasonable with costs but its likely you can find cheaper, I personally think creeperhost is the best all round host available at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like their closest one is in Los Angeles. They also appear to be using some less-than-great hardware which I don't feel justifies the price.

obscurehero

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't think of anything else fitting.

I'm looking to start an FTB server in the next few days, likely Unleashed, andn I'm looking for a good server host. There'll be less than 10 players, and I don't expect to see more than 5 on at once during peak hours. I want something with the best combination of value/specs/uptime/support/etc.

I've managed to find a few hosts that are very well priced, but all of them have had their servers located far away from me (Vancouver, BC). I have managed to find a few in Seattle or nearby, but they don't look that great, so I was hoping for some recommendations. Any of you guys know of good hosts near me?
You want a RamNode VPS. They used to have a 42% off ongoing code but now it might be 35 or 38. I have 4 and love them.

They have excellent hardware and support, and tons of great images to work from. They also have VPSs in Seattle. PM me for the IP to run an MTR to my Seattle VPS otherwise they have test IPs on their website.

I ran a small 5 person unleashed server with 1G. Zero lag and excellent performance. Maybe could have handled more but I didn't test it.