Solved Server error: player can no longer join server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Call_Me_Dejaja

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what all info is needed for this problem, but I will give some general info as to the issue and any additional info that is needed to figure out what the problem is I will be happy to add.

Running a Mindcrack 8.1.0 server from my computer, users are connecting to my server via Hamachi.
Today while playing with my roommate, we were exploring a lich tower in the twilight forest, we were fighting some mobs, he accidentally got in front of me and I hit him with my sword and killed him. He was immediately disconnected and upon trying to reconnect he would join and the server would boot him right after joining. In the server console there would be a whole bunch of text... not making much sense to me, but here are some highlights since I can't seem to copy and paste from the console window.

[INFO] User Joeschmo connecting with mods XYZ
[INFO] Joeschmo (IP address) logged in with entity id 77568 at (XYZ)
[INFO] Disconnecting Joeschmo (IP): Internal Server Error
[WARNING] Failed to handle packet for Joeschmo (IP): t: Exception preparing structure feature
t: Exception preparing structure feature
at begin wall of text
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
at begin another wall of text
... 18 more

This is beyond my scope of knowledge, and I am unable to find a solution or even understand what the problem is.

We have both restarted our PC, the FTB launcher, the server, etc, to no avail.

Could a tech support person help with this please?

Call_Me_Dejaja

Jul 29, 2019
While I was hoping someone would help me with this (certainly after the thread had close to 200 views) no one had any input for me on this problem, which is somewhat disappointing. Regardless, I solved the issue by deleting the players .dat file from the world/players folder. When he logged in he was not disconnected.

Thanks anyways.