Server Downloads Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhead

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

It looks like some of the server downloads are not working on the site. This is somewhat vital as we need to fetch the latest pack updates from the repo but the links no longer work.

I'd also like to know if you have any static links for the (server) packs so that our updater can automatically pull the latest updates without having to scrape the downloads page.

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
Can something be done about this please?

It's been this way for over a week now, and we're getting dozens (hundreds?) of people every day in the IRC channel having issues setting up FTB, because they download the server from the website, and it doesn't work with the recommended version in the client.

Even just remove the download links from the site entirely, it'd save us (and your users) a bunch of headaches.. :/

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Can something be done about this please?

It's been this way for over a week now, and we're getting dozens (hundreds?) of people every day in the IRC channel having issues setting up FTB, because they download the server from the website, and it doesn't work with the recommended version in the client.

Even just remove the download links from the site entirely, it'd save us (and your users) a bunch of headaches.. :/

As far as I know Nana is working on it.
Everyone needs to remember that the people who build, create and maintain everything with FTB are only able to do so on their free time.
Would it be easier if it was fixed immediately? Of course. That however, was not the case, and the only way it will be is when Nana can get to it.

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
Considering I help support FTB in my free time in the IRC channel as mentioned, I'm quite aware.

I post here to let Nana (or anyone else with access) that it's kind of a major issue, causing hundreds of people to have problems, that people offering support are suffering because of it, and should be a priority when they do have time.

Everyone needs to remember that reporting an issue and the associated symptoms it has caused is not hurling abuse or assigning blame.

Would it be easier if more than one person had access to update the website? Of course. Perhaps that should be considered in the future.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I post here to let Nana (or anyone else with access) that it's kind of a major issue

He already knows: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/new-site-feedback.29996/
Reminding him and the rest of the team they aren't fast enough doesn't help.

Thank you for helping in the IRC channel, however stating things like
Considering I help support FTB in my free time in the IRC channel as mentioned, I'm quite aware.
makes you sound entitled to faster service.

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
That is an old post. The download page used to not work at all. It now does, but it delivers old versions of packs. There is no way for users to know this, as far as they know they click the link on the site, the download works, and when they try to connect they get an error in their client - they have no idea it's related to the website download page, or anything to do with the server at all, most think its a client problem.

This is a different issue, which I have reported as such, politely.

*Edited By Lawbroken*

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This is a different issue, which I have reported as such, politely.

*Edited By Lawbroken*

Report it in its own thread then.
This thread was posted at the same time, and pertains to the same issue. If you're bringing about a new issue, make a new post.
Don't go around calling people names. It's rude and against the rules.

Viper-7

Jul 29, 2019
Or I could post in the thread that already exists, had not been resolved, closed as a duplicate, or had another thread referenced, is on the right subject, and just lacked some detail about the current problem. It seemed the correct place to add information to.

Don't go around accusing people of being inconsiderate of people's time, then demand fixes to such trivial issues such as posting in an existing, related, unclosed thread on the correct topic. Especially considering the reverse is usually the issue.

I came here to report an issue and to let peers (website moderators) know that they are causing others undue effort, that they may not be aware of. I didn't so much as complain about that extra effort, just advised of it and asked for a resolution. As I am unaware of the structure of who has permission to modify content on the website, I posted in the current, un-actioned thread which seemed related to the topic at hand, so anyone involved could become aware of it.

You have not helped in any way here, I'd thank you to stay out of issues above yourself.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Enough is enough.

If we thought it was a duplicate thread moderators like myself can merge them. We understand that people are confused and don't know they can always get the server downloads from the launcher.

But going on and on about it wont fix it and the staff haven't had time / working on more important things at this time.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Ashzification

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Well this thread seems fun! You can use http://feed-the-beast.com/server-download unless there is some issue I am not aware of, the actual issue with the server download button is that firstly, I thought I already redirected it to /server-download and secondly that when I look to change it now I cant find the code for the life of me, I'll have a look when I get home and have proper access this evening

PS. The first page this thread was about doesn't even exist any more so anyone speaking about that should use the link above

Austin2162

Jul 29, 2019
I click the download link on the webpage i get a 503 error. i click the download link in the launcher it does nothing and freezes the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.