Server Crash help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019
The server works fine for everyone except near my house. I was setting up some auto-recycler when the server crashed. It only crashs when i log in or if someone comes to my location.

Reading the crash report, it looks like its block (Block location: World: (2582,66,-3790)) that is causing the issue.

Why did this happen and how do i fix this?

The only yhink i can think of is using MCedit (not even sure if that works with FTB) and remove the block. Any better suggestions?

Thanks

Crash report http://pastebin.com/B9CqR5Kj

Attachments

• crash-2013-07-24_15.56.17-server.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 33

aidybee

Jul 29, 2019
A item in that region has corrupted[DOUBLEPOST=1374714079][/DOUBLEPOST]you need to find your location from that region and the region and you need to deleat that region to restore the server Or you can reset the map

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure mcedit has been fixed to work with modded worlds so it should work but still backup your world first, I don't know of any solution other than mcedit.

Reactions: Eyamaz

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
It is pipes but it's either the pipe specifically at 2582,66,-3790 or one adjacent to it. What's happening is it's trying to read then write to the tile entity in one of the blocks (in the stacktrace; BaseMetaTileEntityMJ.powerRequest [the read] and PipeTransportPower.updateEntity [the write]) but it's unable to because it has no data (under details Block Data Value: Unknown? (Got -1) [unknown or null]) so there's nothing to read which is why it resulted in a nullPointerException, the code pointed the block's tile entity which turned out to be null or nothing. Although there's a catch, 2582,66,-3790 may actually be air (from details Block type: ID #0 [the block if of air is 0]) and a block adjacent to it is thinks it's a pipe (from details; Name: net.minecraft.src.buildcraft.transport.GenericPipe // buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe) for whatever reason and is trying to pull power from it (again BaseMetaTileEntityMJ.powerRequest) and then update it's power level (which may or may not be over 9000 but is updated using PipeTransportPower.updateEntity regardless) but air isn't able to hold any data so it throws a nullPointerException for the same reason.

tl:dr yes, it is something to do with pipes causing the issue but he probably only has to remove a block or two due to various reasons.

Reactions: Sandro Cella

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing he also used dinnerbone's tool but just forgot to make -3790 negative so he got the wrong answer because it would actually be in r.5.-8.mca (region files are also now .mca files because of the switch to the anvil format even though dinnerbone's tool still says mcr).

Reactions: Sandro Cella

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I would use MCEdit to delete the corrupted block. Or if you are running WorldEdit on your server you can use the //POS1, //POS2 to select the block and delete it in game.
This does have to be done with someone who has OP status and can log into the server and has not gone to your area where the corrupted block is.

I've had this happen on my server with gold pipes and used MCedit the first time, then installed WorldEdit so I didn't have to download the world, load it into MCedit, delete 1 block, then upload the world back to the server.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but you should be able to remove the single block rather than the entire region either using mcedit or Gerald's worldedit method which I would suggest if the server is not run from your personal computer. You would have to login as a character not near where the block is because the server crashes when loading it and would have to somehow select it using worldedit from far away which is probably possible but I don't know the command for it.

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019
i have console acces to the server, its hosted on creeperhost, not sure if i have worldedit or what the command is.

On the other hand, i am finding it very difficult to find the exact block in MCedit also :/

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you can find where your player is the crash said that you were at pretty much the exact same block as what was causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.